Chapter 3

"Miss Cotton," Anneliese called from her office, "Can you contact the number the SSR provided us and organise a phone call."

The tall blonde woman did exactly she was told, scurrying from her desk to find the phone book to ring the SSR. Anneliese had plenty of work herself, and could not find herself interested in playing secretary for Howard, instead, she worked on the damage both Howard and Alexander had caused to the company's name over the weekend. Again.

Alexander Gray's name had been in headlines since the day of his birth, and it was out of character for his name not to be feature in a gossip column each month. Scandal after scandal, Anneliese was used to them all: rumours about his true hereditary, his playboy antics and his ungodly sweet talk to married women. Anneliese had seen it all. By now, she believed herself an expert in redeeming his name.

She would set him up for extra charity work, or to do a press conference, or invite the press to watch him work and mingle with their regular employees. All in the sake to maintain the company's name. To make him seem humble, a word she would never associate with Alexander.

Howard was more difficult. His name was new, and the press had an unquenchable thirst for him. Especially his scandals that always stirred the public, both outrage and adoration. Yet, unlike Alexander, he always made the front page. Every. Single. Time.

She's be a terrible press secretary if she didn't understand why. Howard was the youngest CEO in society, and at only 27 - he was highly desirable. Following, he was the only CEO that openly expressed his playboy antics, no future in sight for when it could end. 

It was damage control Anneliese wasn't used too.

Her eye brows creased as she read the latest article titles:

HOWARD STARK: PLAYBOY MILLIONAIRE?

PLAYBOY STARK OR CEO STARK?

NEW GIRL FOR STARK INDUSTRIALS CEO?

Letting out a loud groan, she wanted to murder the man. How was she meant to make his reputation better if he was so keen to be caught with a new girl every day, calling them his Monday girl or Friday girl.

Hearing the usual clink-clink-clink from Alexander's shoes, she didn't bother raising her eyes to say hello, instead, burying her face into her arms.

"Don't you look absolutely overjoyed," Alexander begun, taking the seat in front of her desk, "What are you working on?" He asked in curiosity.

A single glance on the newspaper articles on her desk was enough to make Alexander laugh again. Deciding to make plenty of comments about how talkative the Friday girl was on Howard's arm, or how he was envious that he stole his Sunday girl. Raising her head from her arms, she sent a dirty look his way, she was not impressed.

"I blame you for making my life hard."

A toothy grin appeared on Alexander's face, as he brushed the blonde hair away from his forehead. "We both know the perfect solution to this little press issue," he said, as if the topic was both amusing and boring.

Anneliese wished her eyes would light up in excitement, but she knew exactly what Alexander was going to suggest. To avoid the question, she collected some paperwork to her left, reading over the words as she waited for the entible speech Alexander would start. The same declaration he had been saying since she was promoted as press secretary-

"-Get him settled down", He begun with his voice low, "Find him a lady that can wrangle him into a suburban lifestyle. With no more so-called bad press, the business will be booming... and after that... Howard can go back to his antics."