Chapter 29

A rose is so much more than just a simple flower. Petals tucked into one another with their vibrant colours screaming stories; whispering the secrets better kept silent. An erect body, a force to be wrecked with.

Desire, adoration and longing. A plethora of expressions, all within the soft petals and the colours they make. It's both the murder and the birth of humanity, the circle that makes description.

Yet, it's the stem to the everlasting rose that changes it all. Tricked by the allure of loving romance, one forgets that spikes climb the same route. All searching for a chance of unrelenting bliss.

Desire turns to rivalry. Adoration is obsession and longing becomes something to fear. Deaths retaliation to make the smell so sweet yet so dangerous.

Fangs beg for blood, the food for the petals. How ought are the colours to be a deep red, unless they are painted with the richest man-made dye. Blood is the ruination of lovers, and roses follow shortly behind. A reminder that romance is dead, the beginning of war.

Yet, it's the knowledge that roses are not red. Not truly. They're white. A message of purity and platonic love. The reminder that not all beautiful things are bold and bright, as some lurk in the moonlights tears.

Then you have red and white roses, a bundle of several sizes and shapes. A symbol of unity; the window of the heart. Weddings usually do not idealise such a combination, but what more is wanted than to express the hearts warmth for another? Red and white roses together, abundantly so- is, and always will be... a sign that romance was not in fact dead, but growing in the under city.

Arriving at the hotel apartment, Anneliese couldn't shake the feeling that there was something enormously wrong with the room. Even as Alexander unlocked the room, she knew there was something off the second Howard said he allowed Alexander to choose their accommodation in Brooklyn. 

Considering Howard's Brooklyn home was still being built and Anneliese was banned from all Grey estates - not that she expected anything less from Fredrick. It meant they had to put their trust into Alexander to find somewhere to say.

Growing annoyed by the rattling, especially as Alexander failed to unlock the door. Her eyes lazily met Howard, who also seemed to be growing more frustrated as each rattle, ching and creak sound ricocheted down the hallway. There was nothing luxurious about this hotel from the outside, it's appearance seemed to be more favoured for the middle-class - not the elite. 

Definitely not a hotel Alexander Grey or Howard Stark would be pictured anywhere near.

"Nearly there," Alexander mumbled as he wrangled the lock for another few seconds. The excruciating sound from the keys hitting the metal lock drove Anneliese mental, wishing nothing more than to just enter the accommodation.  

Tapping her heels impatiently, she made her huffs of frustration loud enough for Alexander to hear. Her sighs met Howard's own agitation. With her eyes snapping towards his hand as he roughly dropped the leather suitcase to the hardwood floor. She didn't notice when Alexander unlocked the door and pushed it forward.

However she did see the size of the room before she even entered.

Gasping loudly, Anneliese did not move from her spot. Her eyes remained on the room in front of her, slowly she tilted her head towards Alexander - who picked up a suitcase in each hand, carrying them in. As another second past, she narrowed her eyes at Alexander.