~ Chapter - 15 ~

(About the picture- It's Kiara and Ilaria.)

- I L A R I A - 

"Aria! Did you saw my phone? I can't find it anywhere." Xander whined again. I sighed and rolled my eyes ignoring his question. Xander has a habit of throwing his stuff all around the house and now that Oliver and Olivia are here his things keep getting missing. And the only person he turns to for help is me. 

"Aria!" He shouted a little louder this time. I buried my face in my bedsheet. Why can't he just think I slept or disappeared or something? But no being the idiot he is, he kept yelling.

"ARIAAAAAAA!" He shouted.

"What!?" I shouted back finally coming out of my room. 

"I asked you if you saw my phone?" He asked.

"And if I'm not replying then it means 'No'." I said rolling my eyes. 

"Can you please help me find it?" He asked. 

"Please? Am I really talking to my brother Xander? Xander Hernandez?" I asked dramatically. But it was true. Xander never said please or sorry. They were unspeakable words for him. He rolled his eyes at me.

"Come on now. Help me please." He said again putting extra emphasis on 'please'. 

"Fine. Where did you kept it last time?" I asked giving up.

"Why would I ask for your help if I knew?" He deadpanned.

"Wait, let me think. Should I give you a call?" I said.

"But why? I'm right here." He frowned. I looked at him with a "are-you-serious' look. How dumb can a human being be? He looked at me strangely but I ignored him and gave his phone a call. And guess what?

Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

I couldn't believe my ears. Xander has just crossed the line of stupidity. Somebody please present him with 'Idiot of the year' award. Actually 'Idiot of the century' award will be better. 

He looked at me sheepishly when he took his phone out of his back pocket.

"Alright, thanks. I got to go. Tell Mom I'm at Dylan's and will be back by 9. Bye. See you later." He said hastily and ran away before I could answer.

"Idiot." I grumbled. I turned around and saw Olivia standing beside me grinning evilly. I raised my eyebrows suspiciously.

"What?" I questioned. She didn't answered but pulled out an empty wrapper from her pocket.

"What is-" I stopped when I looked at it closely. It was my chocolate's wrapper. The one I hid from everyone to eat later.

"How did you even found it? You already ate yours." I asked unimpressed. I hate when somebody eats my chocolates. And that too without informing me. I can't believe people nowadays are so unmannered.

"Don't be such a prick about it. It's just a chocolate and you'll gain weight if you eat it." She said and ran away throwing the wrapper on the stairs. I sighed, picked it up and threw it in the bin. I told Mom they are bad news.

"Ilaria, sweetheart, I have a really good news to tell you." Aunt Lina exclaimed.

"And what's that Aunt?" I asked.

"We delayed our flight. We are gonna celebrate your birthday together. Isn't that great?" She chirruped.

"Very." I said faking a smile towards her. Now, I won't even be able to spend my birthday in peace. She kept rambling something about her new dresses and her trip to Bali and I kept nodding and humming. To make this day worse, even Kevin is not replying to my messages or calls. This has been going on for nearly three days. Kevin never did this before, even when we fought, we still returned each other calls and messages. It is kind of an unspoken rule between us. 

"Are you listening?" Aunt Lina snapped me back to reality.

"Y-yeah, sorry. What were you saying?" I asked. 

"I asked if you prefer pizza or cake?" She asked. Why is she suddenly interested in my preferences in food?

"Cake, I hate pizzas." I answered. She scrunched up her nose. 

"You got a strange taste. I haven't seen any person who hates pizza." She said.

"I do." I shrugged. I have never liked pizza at all. No offense to those who like though. I just don't find it tasty or something.

"So tell me more about your likes and dislikes? Seems like we have a lot to catch up on." She said. I was going to make an excuse but didn't. I have nothing to do anyway. 

"Um, I like animals and I hate spiders. I have a fear of height and I love cooking, baking and swimming. My favorite colour is purple but half of my wardrobe is black and yeah. That's all." I said finishing my idiotic 1st grade speech. Aunt Lina looked at me in bewilderment.

"Uh okay." She said when the doorbell rang.

"I got this." I said and got up. I opened the door and my eyes widened out in surprise.

"You!" I screamed. 

"A best friend is someone you can call anytime, just to laugh, cry, complain, or tell silly stories. And the best part is they still listen."

Hi Everyone!
I hope you all are doing great.
Share you thoughts and suggestions with me. And thank you for all your lovely comments.

Question of the chapter- What do you prefer? Cake or Pizza?

Take care!

- Vote - Comment - Follow - Support -

💙