~2~

"Doctor, what's wrong with my son?" Pete's dad asked.

They are now in the doctor room.  The three were shocked of how Pete woke up. They went to the doctor to know what's happening.

"He lost a part of his memories." The doctor said putting down the file he was scanning

"But he remembers me. He recognized me and called me dad."

"Yes, that's why I said a part. There's alot of kinds of losing memories. In his case it's called partial amnesia. Partial amnesia means that only certain memories are affected."

"Can he be cured?"

"In most cases amnesia resolves itself without treatment, so yeah, he can be cured, but we donno when, maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe a week later or a month later or maybe..... a year later."

"But, there's still hope. See Kao, he will get back to normal and remember you" Mom said.

"Yes Kao, I'm sure of that." 

His Mom and Dad tried to assure him but he wasn't convinced. The worry he's feeling is eating him up. 

"You know what? I'll just go and remind him" His dad said and was about to leave the doc office but Kao stopped him. 

"No Dad, don't. Don't force him, his condition may get worse, right doctor?"

The Doctor nodded.

"But-"

"Dad please, I have a request"

~~~~~~~

"Are you sure of this Kao?" His mom asked after they returned home.

"Yes mom, it's better for Pete to forget about me"

"What about you?! He lost his memories so he will be ok, but what about you? What will you do with all these memories of you and him?"

"Mom please, I beg you stop, I'm dying here and you're just making it worse" He begged and broke down crying.

His mom sighed and went to him gathering him in her arms. "I'm sorry honey, but I just want to know why you're doing this to yourself. Why you're torturing yourself like this? You can just stay beside him and make him remember you."

"No mom, if I stay with him, he won't have a future"

His mom raised one brow . "What do you mean?"

"Nothing mom. I'll be in my room"

The moment he entered his room, he threw himself on the bed and started crying hysterically.

"Pete, I'm sorry*hic*I'm sorry. But*sniff* but it's better this way, with this you will be able to get married and have your own kids and build a bright future"