~7~

Pete's POV

I can't believe myself. I can't believe I took the ring with me instead of putting it back in it's place! Fuck me.

What should I do now? I have to give it back to Kao, but how? What's my excuse? Ugghh.

~~~~~~

Man up Pete, you're just gonna give it back, it's not like he will kill you. Just tell him that you were looking at it and forgot to put it back.

Yes! That's it. Simple! 

Knock knock

..........

Knock knock

..........

I was about to knock again when the door opened.

"Oh hello, it's me aga....

? ....Why? Why is he crying

"Ah umm, I'm busy right now, can you come another time?" Kao wiped his tears with his sleeve. 

"Why are you crying?" I asked him.

"No-nothing, I just...lost something important and...

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why do you still love them? Why you still love them to the point of crying?"

"What are you-"

"It's just a stupid ring, why you should cry over losing it?!"

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"How did you know I lost a ring?!"

Shit. I think I can't make excuses now.

"Here, I'm the one who took it. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"

His eyes widened seeing the circle thing on my palm. He took it up close to his heart crying again. "Thank god. I thought I lost it forever."

"Why? Why you still love them that much? They left you, they should be the one to cry over losing you, not you.

Ne Kao, can't it be me?"

"What?"

"I think I've fallen for you. Can you give me a chance? I promise I won't hurt you like they did"

I guess the words I said were like a curse to Kao. 

He frowned. Glared. "Leave" he said with a cold voice sending shivers down my spine and then he shut the door in my face.