~5~

The next day I called Dad to tell him about the interaction between me and Pete yesterday and tell him to keep him away from the area I live in.

"Kao, son, how are you?"

"I'm fine Dad. What about you? Are you taking care of yourself?"

"Yes Kao, I'm good but not fully"

"Eh? Why Dad? Are you sick? Should I come take you to hospital?" This man, makingme worried all the time. 

Dad chuckled. "No son, I'm physicaly ok but not mentally, I miss you Kao, I miss you here everyday, I miss your bickering with...."

"Dad, I miss you too, I miss every thing too, but you know that we can't go back to how it was before"

"Kao" Dad's voice fell. 

"Anyway Dad, there's something I wanna tell you"

~~~~

"Ok Kao, don't worry, I will tell Pete not to go to that area anymore."

"Yes please Dad, but don't be too obvious"

"Yes, I know."

While we were in the middle of talking I heard another voice from Dad's side.

"Daaad"

Hearing Pete's voice I was going to hang up but what he said next made me stop.

"Dad, who's Kao?" Pete asked.

Eh- Me?! 

"Not again Pete. I told you to forget about it. It's just a dream."

"But I keep on having the same dream over and over."

"Pete, it's because of the accident, don't think too much. Now go to work."

"Uggh, fine." 

"Kao? Are you still there?"

"Dad, how did he get my name? And what dream you're talking about?"

Dad sighed. "Ever since the accident, Pete keep on dreaming of you."

"Me?"

"Yes. He told me that in his dream there will always be this man that will walk away leaving him sitting on the ground crying not answering however much he call him. And he always call him Kao"

"Dad, why didn't you tell me about this before?! Dreaming of me and meeting me twice, it won't take time until he remember me like this!"

"Sorry Kao. I just didn't think much about it. I thought it's not necessary telling you this and making you worry"

"I know dad, but please if Pete tell you anything else, please tell me"

"Ok son, I will."

"Bye now Dad, talk to you later. Love you"

"I love you too Kao. Bye"

Some days later

"Haaa, finally I finished. Aaah, I wanna eat cake.

 I think I'll go buy some but ofcourse not from that shop, I know my luck and I'm sure Pete will pop up if I go there. I'll go to the supermarket"

I went there and started searching for the cakes section.

"Ah, there it is"

I was about to grab the cheesecake box when another hand held the box too. I quickly took away my hand.

"I'm sorry Sir, please go ahead and ta-...."

My words stuck in my throat when I saw the person's face.

Why? Why everything hate me? I don't remember doing anything bad. Did I, by any chance kill someone in my past life?
Uggh, why it should be you who I see everywhere Pete? Why?! 

"Oh, we met again" Pete said with a smile.

"Yeah, unfortunately" I said and ran.

For the million time Pete stopped me.

"Wait, why unfortunately? And why you run away every time you see me? Am I that scary?"

"Let go of my hand"

Instead of letting go he tightened his grip on my wrist. "I won't, not until you tell me why you hate me this much"

"I-I don't hate you"

"Then why you're running away?"

"None of your business" I said and pushed him then ran outside the supermarket. And to my clumsiness I didn't look around when I crossed the street.

"LOOK OUT!"

When I heard Pete shouting, I looked to my side and saw a car coming towards me.

"KAOOO!!"