announcement time! rewrites incoming!

folks and friends! first of all, thank you thank you all for over 400k reads on this book. the fact that this is still getting love years after its initial publishing continues to amaze me. y'all are actually the best.

so what is this little announcement about? this is just to let you all know i'm reworking this book somewhat and rewriting some sections. in fact, i already have! while i only just recently updated the sequel after months and months of nothing, i have added/edited to this book in minor ways whenever i had the time and inspiration to do so. nothing huge, just little snippets or subtractions here and there with no overarching changes. 

but some more major reworks are incoming! what are they, you might ask? mainly two big ones;

 the rattakka arc

there's one large change i want to make that won't derail the already established development i've given to mara, poe, and bb-8. it's not even super huge, but it will be a several thousand-word addition that better aids in making the whole arc less of a little get-to-know you adventure and more 'this is one of the worst day of mara's life and here's why'. the majority of the plot will remain the same, as well the character's relationships to one another at the end of act two. some conversations will change, more content will be added, and i can promise mara's hatred for sand will be even more justified.

once i have those fully written, i will take down and republish all of the ratakka chapters so you can read the updated version in all its traumatic glory.

chapter thirty-four and epilogue

i wrote and published those six months before the last jedi came out, meaning i had yet to get a solid idea of what believer would look like. those will be getting the biggest overhaul, but the general vibe will still be there. it's just gonna lead into the sequel better and set up some higher stakes! once again, i will reupload those when they are finished.

the sequel will also get spiffy-ed up! believer will get an all-new prologue and the current one will become chapter one, the current chapter one will become chapter two, and yadayada you probably get the picture. a few other technical things and name drops will change from the first few chapters for ~mysterious plot reasons that will be explained later~ but those installments will remain the same.

i also already have the first scene of believer's chapter five already written, as are several scenes from coming chapters. will i keep updating believer chronologically while all this is happening? who knows.

so there's a heads up for you guys! all the updates i've mentioned are written in my drafts to some extent. please bear with me as i maneuver stuff around. the timetables i set for myself are rarely met between life happening and me screaming at my computer in frustration at my own word vomit.

once again, thank you guys! i still get wonderful comments, votes, and interactions with you guys through this book and it fuels my inspiration for the sequel. it means the world and beyond to me that there are still people invested in mara's story even if my creativity for it comes and goes. i've still a story i can't wait to tell and so much of what's to come is already written and outlined.

thank you guys for sticking around, remember to drink water, and stay tuned for those reworks!!

- 7/1/2021