sequel details and closing thoughts

So I made it. I finally finished this book after a year and a half and roughly 100,000 words. This has been my baby and Mara my literal child.

With saying that, while the story part of this is finished, the book itself is not. I will mark this as complete once this update is posted, but it's not quite done. We still have a long way until VIII and a sequel, so here are some things that will happen:

- I'm doing a character ask! This means you'll comment a question and I'll have Mara answer them or any other character in the book you wish to ask. I have very vocal readers so I encourage you guys to comment literally as many questions you want on the next part which will be dedicated to those questions

- a few one-shots! Maybe while Mara was in the Guavian Death Gang or during her childhood, I promise to update this book with a few canon one-shots of her life prior to the First Order before the sequel starts. You guys can give me ideas

- anything else you guys want! released alternate endings, author facts, literally whatever

Now, as for sequel info, as we know little of Ep VIII's plot, I don't have Mara's complete arc mapped out, but the second book in her series is under the working title of Believer. Just as Mara's journey in this book was becoming a Warrior, that title suggests a bit of the direction I want her next story to go in.

I also would love to introduce maybe her mother, aunt, or other members of her family in the sequel (not her dad though. Screw him, he's a dick).

Now for some acknowledgements because without my readers, I literally wouldn't be anywhere and my motivation would be gone and I'd be a flop. Thank you guys so much for 57k reads and 3k votes, that's insane and crazy and you all make my heart happy!

(also random but a few people asked me if it was okay if they made fanfiction from this book, like using Mara as a character in their works. That honestly makes me burst with joy. Go ahead, do it. Nothing would make me happier :)

A special shoutout goes out to jordieblob16 and Smudge357. These two are not only fabulous and talented writers in their own respect, but have supported me since the beginning and I'd be in a trash can alone without them. Check these babes out because they had to deal with me ranting about Mara and this book so many times.

Also one goes to @SelenaBarrows12 because she not only got me General Hux's real first name, but a bunch of other fun lore that's been incorporated into this story. Literally shoutout to anyone who's commented Star Wars facts or corrected me on a few things because babes you guys are the real deal.

There's so many people who deserve to be named but I can think of any right now except all my fab readers. I don't care if you've only commented, or voted, or just ghosted, I love you a lot and there's nothing you can do about that fact. You've made this book a reality.

I hope you fell in love with Mara and her story as much as I did, because she literally means so much to me.

Mara started off as a simple character who in basic brainstorming would have a quick tongue and a bad temper. This concept grew and it blossomed and it didn't go as planned, and I love that. Mara came to me in a season of my life where I went through a lot of shit, and her story always translated the same message; You're going to fall. You're going to drown. You're going to be put in bad situations you can't fix. People are going to screw with you. Good relationships will go wrong. You'll make good choices that back fire. You're going to make bad choices, try to get up, make another bad choice, and it will be your fault. Then you're going to fall again. And again and again.

You just keep going. You pick yourself up and keep going. You're going to have a history, you're going to have scars, you're going to have wounds that will hurt and your going to cry until you can't cry anymore. You just keep going. You screw up? Work to make a better choice next time. Someone screws you over? You live despite them.

Why? Because all that pain means something. Because there are good people out there who love despite your baggage. Because you will make a difference, you do have a purpose, and damn the people who don't think you do. You will find a home. Sometimes it costs sweat, blood, and every tear you have, but it's there and it's worth it. You just have to keep going.

Her story isn't over yet and I would like to tell one that spans over the whole trilogy. There also is that chance in 2019, I might not be on Wattpad (slim odds, I love it here). But if that is the case, I would like you to remember Mara's story here, in a place where she is respected and safe surrounded by people she loves. She knows she'll face challenges, but she's not going to do it alone.

There was an idea that she would maybe die on Starkiller, but that was scrapped pretty quickly. I couldn't let her go, not after all that pain. She deserved a chance at a better life, at least in this book.

Mara is a product of her traumas, she is an unconventional tragedy, but this time there is a happy ending. And there is one for you too.

 And there is one for you too