A fresh new start

Once-ler stepped into the academy— a fresh new start. He breathed in the air so fresh and pristine unlike his former home. He picked up his bag and walked up to a stranger. "Hi" he mumbled "can you help me find my dorm? I'm new here."
"Oh you must be the Once-ler! We've heard a lot about you," she stared him up and down like he was steak at a butcher's , "You're not quite what we imagined ... but i do know where your dorm is, I'm sure you already know who your dorm-mate is."
"How so?"
"I think he's a old friend of yours."
The Once-ler followed the stranger through hallway until they found a break in the path. They headed up the stairs that read 'dormitories'. As they wandered down the hall awkwardly the Once-ler said, "So ... what's your name?"
"Skylar" after a few seconds she said, "So here's your dorm, your dorm-mate is a great guy I'm sure you already know him though. Here's your dorm key, if you have any questions, just ask me." 

After saying this it was almost like she disappeared. The Once-ler whistled and walked around the empty dorm as he waited to see what the fuss was about his dorm-mate.

~ 2 hours later ~

The dorm door opened and out stepped someone the Once-ler never wanted to see again — the Lorax! 

"Lorax, what are you doing in my dorm room?!" The Once-ler exclaimed

"I was here first, what are you doing here?!"

The Once-ler stared into his ocean eyes and said "don't you have a forest to protect?"

"Don't you have a forest to cut down?" he swiftly replied. 

The Lorax picked up his bag and placed it in one the two bedrooms, the Once-ler turned to the shade of a tomato in anger, he wanted that bedroom because it was clearly the better one with a garden view. The Lorax stared at him and shook his head 

"you haven't changed since we broke up, you're so short tempered and a total wimp!" 

"I'M NOT SHORT TEMPERED" the Once-ler boomed.

"My point is proven" the Lorax huffed.

"I'm going to the office to demand our dorms be changed!"