Chapter 5 : The Cook

Your P.O.V.

Immediately after Violet and Klaus left,Beatrice and Sunny both started babbling, vying for your attention. On instinct you moved to the couch and put one on either side of you.

" Okay so, Beatrice and Sunny what would you like to do?"

Sunny squealed. Cook!

" cook?" You asked incredulously. " you can cook?"

Little Beatrice clapped her hands in support of her sister.

Sunny ran to the kitchen.

"Sunny I don't think- "Sunny?" You said while, the blond toddler already slipped of the couch running towards the kitchen.

"Sunny... Sunny Sunny, wait!" You said being scared that the toddler might hurt herself.

You scooped up Beatrice of the couch and ran towards Sunny.

"Sunny, if you are hungry I can cook you something. I mean what would you like me to- uh"

To your shock and awe, Sunny Bauldelaire was already standing on a high stool, grabbing things on the counter. Surprisingly, all the spices and culinary instruments ware placed on the counter, and not in the cupboards.They made them easily accessible to Sunny,who,ones she'd had gathered all the ingredients,turned to you expectantly.

"Me?" You asked, pointing to yourself.

Sunny gave you a look that said, Yes, you. Who else would I be talking to?

"Okay..."

Ones you ware Sunny's side,she gestured to the knob on the stove.help please.

You sighed and smiled at her. This had to be the craziest thing you'd had ever done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, Sunny managed to cook diner entirely
on her own. She only needed your help with the slightly more dangerous tasks of manipulating the stove and for reaching for high places. Beatrice kept herself occupied by banging pots and pans together and singing song in gibberish.

Strangely enough, Sunny didn't need your help cutting anything.Her four sharp theet did the job just fine.

"Is that even sanitary? You know it's nothing."
You asked her when she just finished chopping the onions whit her canines.

Sunny had looked at you and shrugged.

"That makes me feel better." You'd muttered.

Now, the three of you were sitting at the table, enjoying the meal Sunny had prepared for you all.

"So uum weird question. Do your siblings know that you can -"

Sunny cut you off with a nod.

"I see.Wel it's delicious. I would really be a shame if they didn't know. You'r very talented Sunny."

Sunny smiled at you from across the table.

"Do you do all the cooking?" You asked.

Sunny smiled. Yes, I do, Violet can built a toaster but not use one, and Klaus doesn't know sage from rosemary.

"Ow, wel.He does seem smart." You said and Sunny did not mis the blush that colors your cheeks as you defended her brother without hesitation.

The room went silent as you realized what you just said. Even Beatrice was silent,looking at you with a smile matching Sunny's.

" I, uh that is not what I meant." You said while looking away smiling.

The room was silent again.

Sunny broke the silent. Do you know how to play poker?

" it has been a while." You admitted.

Sunny winked as if to say, you'll figure it out.than she grabbed your hand and pulled you to the living room. With Beatrice in your arms, you followed, chuckling at the idea you ware gone learn how to play poker from a toddler.