Chapter 7 : The inconceivable

I went to bed and lay there, thinking about what happened today.

I was tired, very tired. After a few minutes, I fell asleep.

~

I woke up, and there was a sunbeam. A word that here means the sun shining through your window. It was absolutely beautiful. I'm more of a girl who prefers the rain, but this time I liked the sun waking me up.

I was in a happy mood. I don't know why, but I was. I didn't feel like wearing a skirt or a dress, but it was too warm, so I just chose this

I ate an apple, took my bag, and grabbed my book from my coffee table, then stormed outside to catch my bus

I arrived at the Baudelaires' home. I was stressed, not as much as yesterday, but still kind of stressed.

I knocked on the door, Violet opened the door with a welcoming smile. She was holding Sunny on her hips, the toddler stretched her arms to you.

"Here, take her if you want her," Violet said.

You gently took Sunny on your hips.

You came into the house. When you saw Klaus run behind Beatrice trying to catch her, while she was on her arms and legs on the floor with his glasses, you took a doll that was next to you on the floor and walked in front of Beatrice. You bent down to be the same height as her and put Sunny down next to you.

"Good morning, Beatrice. Can I have your brother's glasses, and you can have the doll?"

"Doll, doll," she said while stretching her little fingers.

You gave her the doll and took Klaus' glasses.

"Thank you, Beatrice." You stood back up and took Sunny on your hip again. You walked to Klaus.

"Is this what you wanted?"

"Yes, thank you, y/n." He said, putting his glasses back on and smiling at you.

You smiled back, and both blushed.

"Get a room," Sunny said.

You were both shocked. You heard Violet chuckle. You put your hair behind your ear and just stood there awkwardly.

Violet broke the silence, "I will be bringing the two kids for a checkup at the doctor. But I would like y/n to stay at home with Klaus; I don't like it when Klaus is alone at home."

"But Violet, I'm 15. I can—"

"I know, but then I'm more relaxed. Is it okay for you, y/n?"

"Yes, no problem."

"Perfect. Then we will be heading to the doctor." She had Sunny holding one hand and Beatrice on her hip. She was carrying a big blue backpack.

"Do you need help?" You asked.

"No, I'm fine. Thank you, y/n." She said, walking away.

The door closed, and you just stood there next to Klaus.

"How old are you?" he said looking at you.

"Oh, well, I turned 14."

"Who is your favorite author?"

"Herman Melville, and yours?"

"I love his work, but I do love a good fantasy book, so right now, it's J.R. Tolkien or C.S. Lewis."

We went to the couch and sat down.

"We never asked your last name."

"My last name is S-Snikers." I said. The thing is my name is y/n Snicket and not Snikers, the daughter of Lemony Snicket. One day my dad opened his front door to go eat and saw me in a basket with an envelope next to me saying that I was his but that she couldn't take care of me and she left 2000 euros. The thing is my dad never remembered sleeping with someone, but we took a DNA test, and it came out positive.

I work for the VFD as a ballerina normally, but when I saw that the Baudelaires needed a babysitter, I was there. This may sound a bit creepy, but I was everywhere they were. From the beginning till the end.

———————————————————————

Hey, I thought it would be fun if you were the daughter of Lemony Snicket. I hope you guys like it. :)