Chapter Sixteen

Alyssa Grace Lockhart's POV: (Flashback of the night of the accident)

"I warned you Alyssa that I would do anything to get you back. Too bad I saw you with Ezzequiel that night. If I hadn't seen you with him his sister would not have been involved in this. Now I don't want you but I want Ezzequiel to suffer how he made me suffer when he was with you. Today will be the day he loses his sister and his new girlfriend." Said Hunter and then a gunshot was heard. 

I closed my eyes and waited for the pain, but did not feel any pain what so ever. Opening my eyes I see Hunter looking at me with no expression, he just gave me a blank stare. Suddenly he started laughing, he was full on laughing. 

He was laughing so hard that he bend over and put his weight on his knees to hold himself. I remember thinking that Hunter was crazy, he looked like a psychopath. Slowly I lay Zola's body on the ground and started to stand up, I needed to leave this place now before Hunter gets another opportunity to try and kill me. But it was to no use, the minute I stood up completely Hunter stopped laughing and pointed his gun at me. 

"You really thought that I would not notice you stand up? I am not letting you leave this place alive Alyssa!" Hunter all but screamed at me. To say I was petrified was the underestimate of the century. 

"Please Hunter, just stop. You killed someone, you killed Zola! How could you do something like this? What in the world is wrong with you!" I said to him, I was shaking from how scared and angry I was. 

"I don't think you are in a position to talk to me that way. Also, I already told you why I had to kill her. You are dating Ezzequiel instead of dating me! What did I ever do to you so that you would leave me?" Said Hunter while walking closer to me, he had moved the gun, now it was pointing at my chest. 

"You are seriously asking me what did you do? Hunter you cheated on me and then said it was all my fault!" I yelled at him. The moment that I had finished yelling he fired a bullet, it hit a tree. 

"Do not think that I missed my target, the only reason why haven't shot you is because I do not want to shoot you yet. I just want to make sure you feel as terrified as possible before I kill you. As for the cheating it is your fault, you did not give me the time of day when we were dating." Said Hunter to me. 

"Just let me go Hunter and let me take Zola's body with me. I will not say anything just let me go." I begged him. 

"Funny how now you are the one begging me when it was the other way around." Said Hunter. He started walking closer to me, he got so close to me that I could feel the gun on my chest. 

"Please just stop, stop if you ever actually loved me." I begged him. 

"I will not stop, I will not stop because I love you and I do not want anyone to take away what is mine. The moment we broke up you went to Ezzequiel, me killing his sister is because he decided to be with you that night. Me killing you is my way of knowing no one but me was able to have you." Said Hunter to me, he pushed the gun harder into my chest. 

"I have had enough of this conversation, it is time for you to join Zola." Said Hunter but he had not even finish talking and I had grabbed the hand that had the gun and pointed it towards the floor. 

I need to take the gun away from Hunter. I tried to take the gun but Hunter is strong, we started fighting for the gun when I heard the gunshot. When I look down I see Hunter's hand on the trigger and see that he shot himself. My eyes widen, I am covered with Hunter's blood. He falls to the floor, his face shows the pain he is feeling. I start walking backwards, he had shot himself. I was in shock because of how the situation had changed. 

My back hit a tree, I look at Zola's body and I have to hold my tears. Because of me she is dead, she died because I would not get back with Hunter. When I look back at Hunter I see that once again he is pointing the gun at me but this time from where he is laying.

I hide behind the tree and then I hear the gunshot again, thankfully the bullet did not hit me. I have to go and find help, with that thought I left to go find help. I made sure to stay hidden by the trees, not wanting Hunter to see me. 

But the adrenaline that I had because of the situation was lowering in levels, my body felt weak and I could not see well. Then suddenly the world turned black. 

(End of flashback) 

I was snapped back from the flashback when I felt a raindrops. The sky had turned dark grey and it started raining very hard. I ran back to the car before I got soaked. That day on my way to get help I had fainted, nobody had found me but they did find Hunter. He was still alive but he had lost a lot of blood, before he died he made sure to tell Ezzequiel that all of this was my fault. Till this day Ezzequiel still blames me for everything and honestly I blame myself. The reason I made it back home was because I had woken up on the ground surrounded by trees.

 I made my way home and Prescott found me, I told him everything but by the time I had finished telling Prescott The F's 4 had told my father the lie that Hunter had said before he died. Obviously my father believed The F's 4 instead of me, then from there on my father hated me. I was sent to London so that I would not cause anymore problems to my father's image. 

Somehow he solved everything with The F's 4 seniors but the juniors (the founder's children) stilled blame me. I was forced to keep my mouth shut by my father and till this day I regret not standing up for myself and letting everyone know the truth.