Chapter Eleven

Alyssa Grace Lockhart:Ezzequiel pushed me away from him when he heard his brother's voice

Ezzequiel pushed me away from him when he heard his brother's voice. He pushed me with so much force that I collided with one of my chairs. The chair fell to the floor but thankfully Ezzequiel reacted in time and catched me before I fell. I looked up at him with wide eyes and I notice that his eyes were the same as mine, both widen in fear and worry.

"Are you okay Alyssa?" Asked Ezzequiel to me.

I just nodded my head and out of instinct leaned on him. I felt Ezzequiel's arms tighten around my waist. This is how we used to act before the accident happened. I didn't know how much I missed this until now. We just stayed like this for a few seconds enjoying being in each other's arms when someone cleared their throat. I looked up and saw my brother next to Kayel. That was all it took for Ezzequiel to pull away from our embrace. I moved back, never looking at Ezzequiel or the others.

"Is everything okay here?" Asked my older brother to both of us, but I knew that his question was directed to me. I nodded my head slightly to let Prescott know that I was okay.

"Everything is fine, we were talking." Said Ezzequiel to his older brother and my older brother.

"Talking? Are you sure that's all you did?" Asked Kayel, my head snapped in his direction, I was thinking that he was implying that I was doing something but noticed that he was looking at Ezzequiel.

"Yes Kayel, we were talking. Is it that hard to believe that we were talking?" Asked Ezzequiel to his older brother.

"Frankly, yes it is hard to believe Ezzequiel. You hate her and call her a killer but now you are talking to her, this send mixed signals little brother." Said Kayel.

Ezzequiel was about to answer his older brother when Kayel was suddenly pushed forward, he stumbled a bit but did not fall. When I looked to see who had pushed him I saw Skylar and let me tell you she did not looked happy. She stood there glaring at Kayel. He tried to play it off as if her glare did not affect him but he soon gave up.

"Kayel..." there was a secret warning in how Skylar said his name.

"Skylar would you mind telling me why you pushed me?" Asked Kayel with a raised eyebrow.