Chapter 1

Soulmates. Everyone has one. Some are blessed with more than one. Some people get to meet theirs and live happily ever after, like they do in the fairy tales. Others meet theirs right when they are about to die. Sounds cruel, doesn't it? To meet the one person made for you right when one of you are about to just fall over dead. But no matter what, whether it be one or two, you will meet them in your lifetime. It's guaranteed.

Now you must be wondering how do you know when you meet your soulmate, or how do you know how many you have? Well, everyone is born with a little heartbeat birthmark on your hip. The closer you are to your mate, the stronger you'll feel their heartbeat on the mark. You can feel their fast beats or slow. Once the bond is complete you start to feel what they feel, you still feel their heartbeat, but it calms down quite a bit.

My name is Daneen Alika Varma. It means Beloved Princess of Protection. My name is sort of ironic if you think about it. Beloved, because I have two soulmates. A mark on each hip. A blessing in my parent's eyes. Princess, I was once a princess of my village. I resided in India for a majority of my life, but once my father passed away, I left. I didn't want the responsibility it held. Does that make me weak? I believe so. So does my mother. I wasn't ready, though. I couldn't rule my village. Not when I wasn't ready. My mother has it under control for now.

Now my surname, Varma, means Protection. A name passed down by my father side. Royalty over the village wasn't the only thing he had passed down to me. I was born with powers. I control energy waves, meaning I can make force fields and such. Also, I can turn invisible. I once turned invisible at my own sweet 16. My mother was searching for me for a whole day. Father had found me, he was the only one who understood my views, my fears, and feelings. He knew how scared I was to rule, scared to find my soulmates, scared I couldn't achieve what he and mother wanted from me.

So I became the lost Princess of Gahmar. I ran, I hid. No one knew where I was, and no one would. My face was all over the place with in days of my running. I was old enough where I wasn't a child that had just run away. I was an adult. Twenty-six years of age and hiding from my mother like a twelve-year-old.

I was currently residing in Potowomut, Rhode Island. I had found a small home on Primrose drive. I've been in hiding for a few years now. Never have I felt any sign of my soulmates being nearwell until today that is. I could feel the beats of their hearts on both hips. A mildly fast pace heart rate pulsing on my hips. They were both near. Were they looking for me? How did they know each other? We're they together, searching for me? No That'd be too ironic if they knew each other, right?

I stood up from my chair in the living room, peeking a look out the window to see if anyone was in my street. It was empty. Most of the surrounding houses were miles away. I had picked a very seclusive area on purpose. I didn't need any noisy neighbors seeing who I was.

Walking away from the window, I could feel the pulse getting stronger. How is that possible?

The sound of an engine rumbled over top of the house. What is that? A plane? I walked over to the kitchen where the back door was, looking out to see a huge aircraft hovering over my house. What the hell is that? I felt my heart start to race. They are looking for me. That's a government aircraft. Are they looking for the Princess or the soulmate? Is it just a coincidence that both of my soulmates are there? I saw a man jump out and land in my backyard, I didn't waste any time to back away from the door and stay away from the windows. They were here for me. My heart was going too fast, panic attack. I could feel it coming. I can't be found yet. I'm not ready. A knock sounded at the front door, a man stood in the backyard. They had me trapped. I felt cornered, like a dog being forced to go to the vet. I could feel my hands shaking, my breathing was ragged.

Breath. It's okay. They won't get me. I have no vehicles out front, so I could not be home. But they know someone is here. The two men here are my soulmates, they can feel me. How am I going to get out of this? I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I just have to stay calm.