Chapter 9

"Did you alert your mates?" Scrye asked, not showing any sign of being mad about it. I shook my head as the pain rang through my body. He had removed the dagger from my thigh, twisting it out like he did to my hand. My hand was still bleeding but it was starting to clot now. It had taken me a few hours to get to Steve and Bucky. I was weakening.My powers useless with me being cuffed.

Scrye tsked at me, "Now, now. No need to lie." He pulled out a white cloth and cleaned the dagger off as he spoke, "I must admit, I didn't think the Astral Projection power would be passed on to you. Not that it matters." He looked up at me with a glint in his eyes. "Just gives me more ways to torture you." He brought the dagger up to my cheek, slicing through my skin as he dragged it across my face to my other cheek. Blood slowly forming at the thin line and dripping down my cheeks. I didn't even flinch from it. It was nothing like the pain in my hand or thigh which throbbed.

"Leave them alone." I gritted out, my eyes snapping up to his. I glared at him, weakly. My head was heavy from the flood loss. I just wanted to drift into a peaceful sleep. But hearing him mention my mates, I was mad.

"Ah, getting angry are we? Maybe I can cut that big one back into what he used to be. Carve him out in that skinny kid." The fact that he spoke about Steve like he had known him didn't even cross my mind. I was seeing red. "Maybe serve his heart on that shield of his like a platter." He continued on. I could feel the power in me flowing through my veins. "What about that other one though. The metal arm would be a nice decorative piece maybe." He looked around in thought. "I could use it as a stand from the others shield. Make it a fancy platter for the missus, you know? Oh, she might like that." He grinned darkly.

"Don't. Touch. Them." I seethed at him. He looked over at me with a malicious grin, but it didn't last long. His eyes went from amusement to fear in an instant. I was confused why the sudden change of emotion, but I was so angry, I didn't care. I felt a surge of power burst out of me sending Scrye away from me. "Don't you dare threaten my mates to me." I felt the power surging up my arms and the metal of the cuffs cracked from pressure. I yanked on them and they broke off of me. I looked down to see my feet were freed as well.

I looked up to find Scrye gone. I scoffed. Pansy ass bitch. I heard sounds in the distance, moving to go towards them, I could feel the bond pulling at me. My hero's. They were here for me. I smiled as Steve and Bucky made their way into the room I was in. Their eyes were wide at the sight of me. Now that I think about it, it's very bright in here all of a sudden. I saw some other people behind them in some costumes, they must have brought their team here. I took a step towards them, Bucky running to me after snapping out of his daze, Steve behind him.

"Danny!" Bucky exclaimed. I couldn't tell why he had yelled my name. I'm right next to him. Why did he need to yell? That's when I realized, I fell into his arms, everything going black.

Bucky Barnes POV-

I had reached Danny first so I caught her. Holding her close to my body, trying to be careful of her injury's. I could feel her heartbeat was scary slow. I looked up to see Steve analyzing her too. He looked at her just as confused as me. When we had first entered, she stood there smiling at us happy to see us. But not only was she bleeding profusely from several spots on her body, but she was glowing. No, not like a pregnancy glow, like a powerful glow. She looked like a Goddess before she collapsed.

"Is she a super soldier or something?" Stark asked after walking over to us, Nat and Clint were with him. Sam and Thor were sweeping the building for any missed persons. We hadn't seen any living being here except Danny.

"She's not a super soldier." Steve said after staring at her for a while. "She has powers, but she never mentioned glowing like that..."He said, glancing to me, then to Natasha. He was checking to see if we knew anything. She had talked to Nat for a bit so it was possible for her to know something. But she shook her head, assuring us she had no idea. We didn't know too much about her powers she possessed, just some little things here and there. That they were passed down from her father's side.