Chapter 14

The days went by of me training with Loki. He kept using Steve and Bucky as moving targets to get me to use my shields, it was getting a lot easier to manipulate. Peter even helped out by being a target, which Tony was absolutely against. There was no serious causalities other than a few scratches here and there.

I could teleport very easily, it soon became one of my favorite things. I would pop up randomly to scare Tony and Clint. Tony hated it. But he annoyed me a lot. He did treat me better than he did at first. But I think Steve had a talk with him. No one trusted Loki other than me. Steve said he did a little but I highly doubted it. Bucky really didn't have anything against him since he apparently wasn't near by when he tried to take over New York.

Sam trained with Falan and the other soldiers often, did his runs and hand to hand combat. Steve and Bucky would join them on runs and sometimes the training too. I think it was for the esthetic of them being soldiers. Sam was a military man now and Steve and Bucky were in the 40s.

I've been having nightmares again. They started back up last night. That's what brings us here now. Steve and Bucky were in my room, one on each side. Since we slept together we still slept in different rooms, since its part of tradition. But tonight I need them. Tears streaming down my cheeks, and shaky breath leaving my lungs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Steve asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Bucky grabbed my waist and was cuddling me tightly. I shook my head and laid my head against Steve's side. This dream was similar to the first dream I had. But Papa wasn't at the end of it.

Dream-

I was standing in my hide away home in Rhode Island. I could recognize it anywhere just about. But it was different. Dark. Shadows dancing against the dreary looking walls. Creaks of the house settling echoing throughout the house. I could hear the wails of a woman. Not just any woman though, my mother.

The wails could send shivers down the bravest of spines. Footsteps were heard behind me, making me turn around to see nothing. The eerie footsteps were gone, a whistle floating through the air behind me as I turned around again to see a shadow flying at me. A gust of wind hitting me as it went through me. I took in a breath as the cold air hit me.

"Your fault" A voice floated through the air in a ghostly whine. I looked around before walking towards the voice. The shadows on the walls following me as I walked. They weren't normal shadows. Some were tall and lanky looking while others were short and stalky. Not the shadows of furniture, they looked like humans or something. I kept walking, speeding up to get to the voice. It didn't take long to get to the kitchen. No one was there, but the whine of the voice echoed around the walls.

"Hello?" I spoke up. I looked around, a light outside my backyard was lit up, flashing from maybe a faulty lightbulb. When the light flashed on a figure stood under it. From what I could tell it was a female standing there. I walked over to the glass backdoor, trying to see the figure better. I placed my hand against the glass, leaning in slightly as the lights around me went out. Not a single light was on making all I saw was pitch black. A few seconds went by before the light outside came back on and the figure slammed against the glass door. I shrieked and jumped back from the door.

Keeping my eyes on the figure as the light flashed again and she was gone.

"YOU KILLED US!" A shrilled voice screeched out behind me in the kitchen, the cabinets started to bang open and close. I looked around wide eyed. I had no idea what was happening. It was getting really cold in the house. Seeing my breath in front of me from the temperature drop. I wrapped my arms around myself, walking away from the door and looking around. Suddenly arms that were not my own wrapped around me, holding me tightly in place. I struggled trying to get myself free. The arms cold against my own skin.