Chapter 8

Steve Rogers POV-

"Relax, punk!" Bucky exclaimed at me. I was currently pacing around the Quinjet. I felt like something wasn't right. Why do I feel like this? Her heartbeat was calm, but mine wasn't. I felt like leaving was the biggest mistake I could have made.  "She said she will be fine. Natasha is with her. Relax." I stopped my pacing and looked over to Bucky who was sitting next to Clint.

"How are you so relaxed?" Bucky shrugged in response. I sighed. "I just feel like somethings wrong. A feeling. It's just a feeling isn't it?" I asked him with another sigh. He nodded at me, a look of sympathy.

"She's going to be fine." He assured. I walked over to a seat and plopped down. Why was this getting to me so much?

"You need to trust your mate." Clint spoke up. I looked over at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Not everyone is able to hide their mate from the world." I said, instantly feeling bad for how it came out. "Sorry." I mumbled. He nodded. He was lucky. I don't think he realized just how lucky he was. Laura was a normal person, easy to hide and keep out of our crazy lives. Daneen...She's a Queen. How do you keep a Queen safe? She probably had just as many enemies as the Avengers did.

"Do you feel that?" Bucky spoke up. I looked over to him. He had his hand on his hip, right where the heartbeat mark was. I gave him a confused look. That's when it hit me. Daneen's heartbeat was speeding up. Fast. I stood up fast and grabbed the phone that Tony had given me. Dialing fast.

"She's fine, Captain. Men are so obsessive." Nat's voice rang through after the second ring. I rolled my eyes as Bucky got up and came over to me.

"Where is she? Her heart is beating fast." I said quickly with a bit of a demanding tone to my voice.

"She went back to bed. You know, eventful night." Nat made sure to add a dramatic pause before mentioning last night. "Maybe she is having a nightmare." She tried to make a reason for the quick heartbeat.

"Check on her. Somethings not right." I told her. I wasn't giving up on this. I already regret leaving her there.

"Steve, She is Fi-" Natasha's voice was cut off by the sound of a distanced scream. I made eye contact with Clint.

"Turn. Around." I demanded. Bucky was making his way to Clint to help fly the jet. I turned my attention back to the phone call. "Go check on her." I ordered. "Please." I pleaded. She screamed. Why did she scream??

"Already on it." Her voice sounded winded. She was running. Please, please, make it to her. Please be okay. I closed my eyes as I tried to breath. Bucky was distracting himself with flying with Clint. But I had nothing but the feeling of her heartbeat in my hip and Natasha's mildly heavy breathing through the receiver. "...Steve." Nat paused. No...

"No. Find her. Bucky and I are on our way." I tried. She can't be.

"I'm sorry. She's gone." Was all Natasha said as I dropped the phone. Bucky jumped up and grabbed the phone from the floor.

"Call the team. We're going to find her." With that he hung up the phone. Bucky met my eyes. "We'll get her. It'll be okay." I could hear the pain in his voice. He was trying to stay calm for me. But I felt a panic taking over me.

"Nearly 100 years." I whispered. "It took us so long to find her. And just like that." Bucky placed a hand on my shoulder.

"We didn't lose her. Don't talk like that. You can feel her heart beating still right? She's alive." He said calmly. A glint, a sparkle floated into his steel colored eyes. "Whoever took her is dead." He said. Bucky had no idea. I was already turning into dark Captain. Tony Stark once said, 'I don't trust a guy without a dark side.' What he didn't know, I did have a dark side. It just was never needed. But you don't mess with someone's Soulmate.