Confrontation

Key:
Remi - Human Taser⚡*
Seraphina - Sera*
Arlo - Big Daddy
Blyke - Loverboy
Isen - Simp
Elaine - Helth
Evie - Commie

* = group admin

Monday, December 17th, 4:07 PM

The building Kayden had brought Sera to appeared to be some sort of medical lab. Sera glanced around the room. She had to admit that she was oddly surprised by the professionalism of the setting.

Leilah greeted Sera and directed her to a nearby bathroom, instructing her to change into a medical gown. Once she had done so, Leilah spoke with her once more.

"Seraphina. You are aware of the conditions for this treatment?"

Sera nodded.

Whatever it takes.

With that, Leilah told her to lay down in a nearby hospital bed, telling her they'd need to put her under for the procedure. Reluctantly, Sera agreed, Within minutes, Sera was asleep.

Tuesday, December 18th, 10:46 PM

John Telling People To Shut

Commie: WTF IS GONIGN ON

Commie: R U GUYS TRYING TO FIGHT THE MAMSKED GUY?????

Helth: YES

Commie: y?????????

Helth: WHAT CHOICE DO WE HAVE??

Helth: THE SCHOOL IS IN CHAOS AND ITS REPUTATION IS GOING DOWN

Sera initially hadn't chosen to reveal the return of her abilities. Instead, she laid low for the first three periods of the day, avoiding most people but especially John. She was on the roof when she heard the shattering of a window from a lower floor.

What was that?

Pressing herself up against the roof's fence, Sera stared down at the school, trying to determine what had just happened. But from what she could see, everything appeared normal.

Whatever's going on, it must be happening somewhere else.

Activating her ability, Sera sprinted to the roof's door and then down the stairs. Around her, students moved in slow motion, and she hurried down the halls, looking in every direction for disturbances or signs of a fight. After what was likely mere seconds to everyone else, she noticed a group of students fleeing up a staircase, and she weaved between them as she ran down the stairs.

The next hallway seemed relatively clear save for some scattered papers, but Sera spotted Elaine standing by a wall, seemingly peering around a corner. As she slowed down, she realized she could hear noise coming from the next corridor.

"Elaine!" Sera exclaimed, and the healer whirled around.

"Sera- wha- It's dangerous here!" Elaine hissed, motioning frantically to the corridor. Her eyes then widened. "Sera... Your- your eyes... Are they- did you get your ability back?"

Sera nodded, ignoring Elaine's surprised gasp. "Elaine. What's going on?"

Elaine bit her lip. "They- they decided they were going to fight him... Joker, I mean, John..."

"Wait, who's they? And... Joker?"

"Remi, Isen, Arlo and Blyke," Elaine replied, "And... Joker is what the students have been calling John, apparently... Since they don't know it's him..."

Sera breathed in deeply.

I can do this.

"Thanks, Elaine. I'm going to join them."

Before Elaine could reply, Sera dashed around the corner into the next corridor. Immediately, the five fighting students came into view, though all of them appeared injured to various degrees. John, though his mask hadn't been removed, was visibly worse for wear as he had several crimson stains on his uniform shirt. His back was to Sera, and she used her ability to freeze time as she ran towards him. She stepped around Blyke, who had been struggling to get to his feet, and continued past Isen, who appeared to be leaning against a wall for support. As she neared John, she reached for the paper bag that covered his head. She gripped the thick paper and yanked the bag away as she continued running.

Seraphina stopped near the end of the corridor, a few feet from Arlo and Remi, who were standing near each other. As she unfroze time, she noticed the rage in John's expression seeming to intensify. Meanwhile, the others appeared at first confused, but then relieved as they noticed her.

"Sera!" Remi exclaimed, her face betraying a mixture of shock and bewilderment. "Your ability... What are you doing?"

"Helping," Sera responded evenly. "Go to Elaine. John and I need to settle this on our own."

Remi nodded, though she cast a nervous glance back at John. He was narrowing his eyes.

"You've finally decided to show your ability, Seraphina!" He yelled, and Sera realized he was trembling with rage. "How long have you been hiding it?"

"John, I-,"

"Fuck that. Why are you even here? Going to laugh at me? Betray me again?" His hands shook, and he suddenly charged at her, more quickly than anyone without a speed ability could.

What abilities does he have?

Sera froze time and dodged, running behind him and letting John's punch hit the wall. A crack spiderwebbed out from where it had impacted.

"John, I came here to help you!" Sera yelled back at him. He turned, gritting his teeth.

"Don't fucking lie to me!" John thrust out his palms as energy built up in them.

"It's not a lie! I'm your friend!" Sera insisted, freezing time once again as John shot the beam. A quick glance behind her showed that Arlo, Remi, Blyke and Isen were almost at the end of the corridor, and none of them appeared to be in the path of the blast.

"No! Stop lying!" John exclaimed, but instead of charging at her or shooting at her again, he raised his hands and a dark barrier surrounded him. "I'm- I'm a monster!"

"John!" Sera ran at him, banging on the barrier's solid surface, but he didn't look at her. He stared at the ground, gripping his head, as Sera stared.

What do I do? He won't listen to me!

I have to break through to him...

With that, Sera froze time again and darted down the hall away from John. Then, as it returned to normal, she charged at the dark barrier surrounding John.

"John! Listen to me!" She yelled as she brought her fist back. She thrust it forwards just as she was about to hit John's barrier, rewinding her arm as pain exploded along it. But the barrier was cracked.

John's head snapped up and he stared at Sera, but she swung her arm back again. This time the barrier cracked completely, and blood spurted from his mouth.

As the barrier started to crumble away, Sera spoke again.

"John! You are not a monster!" She stood over him as he collapsed. The last remnants of the barrier flitted away.

For a moment, there was silence. Then John mumbled something, and Sera knelt in front of him.

"Are you okay?" She asked, and his shoulders trembled.

"I'm sorry!" John suddenly burst out, "I never meant for this to happen!" Tears flowed down his cheeks, and Sera pulled him into a hug.

"It's going to be okay."

notes ~~ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!

I loved writing this fic sm and hope yall loved reading it!! Ofc its sad that it has to end but I have other fic ideas and wanted to make sure this fic got a fitting ending before i got started on those ^_^