Chapter 6: Old Friends

-The Weekend-

Third Person POV:

It was Saturday morning at 6:34 am and Kazuto was in his training room doing handstand push-ups. He has been exercising for over an hour already and has barely broken a sweat.

His eyes were close as he thought about the task that his father had given him during the first day of school.

-Flashback to the First day of school-

Kirito POV:

I answered the call and placed the phone on my ear. "Yeah? What is it?" I asked, there was a short silence before dad spoke.

"Me and your mother will be away for a few months on a trip to Paris." He began.

"While I'm away I want you to complete the projects that you proposed during spring before we get back. Understood?" He said.

"Understood. When will the both of you be coming back?" I asked.

"Most likely after your summer vacation. The new branch in Paris will take a while to stabilize so I'm leaving Japan to you." He answered. That means I have around 4 months of him gone.

He's always been so demanding when it comes to the company. When I was 8, I managed to hack into Argus' system with nothing but a phone that I had made myself. I had vastly improved both the security system and the software program that most of the technology at the time were using.

When dad found out, he was surprised and happy. After a while he let me, no, he used me for the company's projects which I improved drastically. Thanks to me the company made billions with the tech I developed.

"Got it. It'll all be done before you return." I responded.

"Good. Take care of yourself." He said, before hanging up the phone.

I placed my phone back into my pocket and stayed still for a moment before turning around and going back to Asuna and the others.

-End of Flashback-

Third Person POV:

Kazuto hasn't started with the task that he was given yet since he decided to do it during summer vacation and relax before then. It has been a while since he's been able to relax like this so he wanted to savor it for as long as possible.

He continued doing handstand push-ups for a few more minutes until Bercouli knocked on the door of the training room.

Kazuto turned to him, whilst in a handstand position, and asked, "What is it, Bercouli?"

"You have guests, sir." Bercouli answered.

Kazuto was surprised by this, he hadn't invited anyone over. He got out of his handstand position, "Got it. Tell them to wait for me in my study." He ordered.

He grabbed his shirt that was on a nearby chair as a familiar voice said, "Oh? Don't be like that Kirito. You wouldn't want us to wait now, would you?"

Kazuto, no, Kirito was surprised by the voice and turned around to see a flax-brown haired boy with green eyes and a long, golden haired girl with blue eyes beside him. It was his old childhood friends, Eugeo and Alice.

Kirito put his shirt on and said, "Can you get them something to drink, Bercouli?" Bercouli nodded and bowed before leaving them.

Once Bercouli had left, Kirito walked over to them, "What are you guys doing here?" He asked with a smile.

The other two smiled back at him and Eugeo gave him a bottle of water. Kirito took the bottle as Eugeo and he did there handshake. Kirito turned to Alice and gave her a friendly hug.