Chapter 39: Helping A Couple

Kirito POV:

I swung the door to the school roof open as Asuna and I paused to catch our breath. We had to run from the sports field when Yuuki called us to get here quickly since there was an emergency.

"Asunaaa!" Yuuki rushed over and hugged the said girl.

"Y-Yuuki, what's wrong?" Asuna said.

Yuuki didn't answer but instead pointed to the bleachers where we usually ate. We both shared a look at what we saw before making our way.

"Oh! That's so like you, isn't it?!" Eiji said.

"What do you mean?!" Yuna said.

The couple went back and forth shouting at each other. I sighed realizing what Yuuki had called us for. These two were having a couple's quarrel.

I've... Experienced, to say the least, what it's like to be an observer when it comes to couples fighting. Alice and Eugeo's relationship is a prime example.

"What's your problem?!" Eiji said.

"Have you ever asked yourself that?!" Yuna said.

"What did you say?!" Eiji tried to break free from Eugeo holding him back.

It looked like they've been at it for a while now. Besides Liz, who was holding Yuna back from Eiji, the rest of the girls seemed to be minding their own business.

I guess me and Asuna are gonna be the mediators.

I sighed internally at the thought. I thought back on the many quarrels Eugeo and Alice had over the years and let's just say some of them weren't pretty. At any rate, I needed to step in.

"Uhm..." I said.

"What?!" The couple turned to me.

I was taken aback by their fury. They were both usually calm and collected so whatever it is that made them this way must be serious. If not, I'm gonna be giving them a mouthful myself.

I mustered up some courage and said, "C-Can you guys calm down a bit?"

"Tell her that!" Eiji said.

"I'm not angry! You are!" Yuna said.

"Uhm, let's begin by releasing them, Kirito. Eugeo, Liz, let them go." Asuna said.

"Are you sure? I'm already struggling as is!" Eugeo said.

"Same here!" Liz said.

"I'll stop them myself if anything happens." I said.

"I-If you insist." Liz said, letting Yuna go.

The white-haired beauty simply huffed and looked away from Eiji upon being released. Eugeo also released Eiji who stormed off in a blind rage the moment he was free.

"And there he goes." Eugeo said.

"Eiji! Wait!" I said.

Despite my protests, he left to the corner of the roof. At least this isn't as bad as Alice and Eugeo's.

Asuna sighed beside me, "I'll talk to Yuna and you Eiji."

I agreed and scratched my head in annoyance at the situation before heading to Eiji. He leaned against the railing looking at the distance.

"Eiji!" I said.

"Don't talk to me Kirito I'm not in a good mood." He replied with mild annoyance.

"I can tell. Even a baby could tell."

He glanced at me but didn't give all his attention. I leaned against the railing as well before continuing.

"So, what happened?"