Chapter 49: Old Friends and New Enemies

Third Person POV:

"It's been a while hasn't it, Kiri-boy?" The girl named Argo said with a teasing grin.

Kirito took a slight step back out of shock. A friend. One he thought he'd never see again, at least for a long time, was in front of him.

"What are you doing here!?" Kirito said, surprised.

Argo put a finger on her chin and looked up at him, "Is that how you greet an old friend~?"

While he realized that she was only teasing him, Kirito stopped himself to regain his composure before questioning her any further.

"It's been a while and I have missed you, but what are you doing here?"

"Jeez. You really cut to the chase. It seems like you haven't changed since the last time I saw you."

Argo skipped past the bewildered boy and smiled at everyone behind him.

"Nice to meet you~! You can call me Argo. That's not my real name but I'd prefer if you called me that. Let's get along, kay~?"

The others, still in a daze, introduced themselves to her one by one.

"Argo, don't say anything weird." Kirito said.

"What do you mean by that~?"

"It means what it means."

"But if you don't elaborate I might say something, you know?"

Argo grinned at Kirito as he crossed his fingers knowing full well what she was like.

"Hold on a sec. Who are you exactly? You say you're a friend of Kirito's from the past, but Alice and I have never met you before." Eugeo asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

"Oh, that's a given! That's 'cause we weren't from the same middle school. Though, I do know a lot about you guys."

"What's your relationship with Kirito?" Silica said, narrowing her eyes at Argo.

Hearing this a wry smile formed on Argo's face as she pointed at herself, "You could say I'm Kiri-boy's special friend~"

Everyone looked shocked hearing this and turned to Kirito for an answer but couldn't help but voice their complaints.

"Kiri-boy?!" Liz said.