Chapter 26: His Birthday

-1 week later-

Third Person POV:

Over the past week, both Kirito and Minetaka reconciled and bonded. Minetaka realized that he placed too much of a burden on his son and is making up for it in any way he could.

He lightened the amount of work that he gave his son and assigned them to other qualified experts while he let Kirito relax instead. He wanted to show his sincerity by letting his son throw a birthday party in the mansion.

When Kirito heard him propose the idea, he was ecstatic and excited. He thanked him greatly and hurried to make preparations. The look Kirito had when he proposed the idea made Minetaka realize even more that he was too hard on his son.

Kirito was currently in his walk-in closet looking for a suit to wear for his birthday. It wasn't your ordinary type of birthday where you'd hang out with only your friends and family.

No, politicians and children from other wealthy and influential families will be attending the party as well.

Kirito was having a hard time deciding on which of his suit he wanted to wear. But ultimately decided on choosing one of the two suits in front of him.

"Do I go with black or navy blue?" He pondered.

He knew that he needed to hurry since the guests were about to arrive in a few minutes. He knew he needed input from someone else, but his mom, dad, and sister were busy getting ready themselves.

While he was in the process of deciding which of the two suits he should wear, someone knocked on his door.

"Come in!" He said.

The person who entered had distinct light blue hair and wore a navy blue suit with a black long-sleeve shirt underneath. It was Bercouli. He had come to inform Kirito of the time and that the guest was about to arrive.

Once he did, he left but Kirito stopped him by asking.

"Hey, Bercouli. Which one of these two do you think would look best on me?"

Bercouli stopped himself from leaving and walked over to look at the suits. Both were of Italian tailoring and were well taken care of. The fabric was smooth and soft. Bercouli imagined that it must have been expensive to buy them.

After looking at both of them, Bercouli said, "I believe the black one would best suit you, sir."

"The black one, huh?"

Kirito picked up the black suit to take a look at it. After a moment he placed it back on the bed and turned to Bercouli.

"Thanks a lot. You can go." He said.

Bercouli bowed slightly and left the room to finish the preparations for the party. Once he left, Kirito placed the navy blue suit back into his closet and got changed into the black one.

 Once he left, Kirito placed the navy blue suit back into his closet and got changed into the black one