Chapter 6: Mine Your Own Buisness

Abandoned Mine

No POV:

After getting to Ryute village, Y/N had been given directions to the abandoned mine where the valuable ore was. The villager who had given Y/N the directions also had informed him that another hero had gone to the mine. They told him it was the Shield Hero and he took a tanuki girl with him. Y/N knew that it was Naofumi, since he was the only hero with a shield. The tanuki girl on the other hand was a mystery to Y/N. Maybe she was a girl who decided to join Naofumi's party and was helping him level up. Either way, if they were still in the mine by the time that Y/N had gotten there, he'd see them and say hi. Hopefully Naofumi wouldn't be a total asshole to his only friend in this world.

Y/N POV:

By the time I had gotten to the entrance of the mine, it was the middle of the day. I didn't know what monsters were living in the cave and I didn't know how deep it went. Anything could happen in there but with my new skills and revolver, I'd be okay. With that I readied myself and began to walk in to the cave. As I was traversing the cave, I saw a lot of large crystal shards growing out the walls. With my identification skill, I could see the clarity of the crystals and what type they were.

So far the crystals I was seeing, while pretty and shining in the dark, they were only of a common quality. They wouldn't be worth much to me, that meant that I would have to go deeper into the mine. Deeper in the mine I went, I began to notice that there wasn't really any monsters around. This began to worry me just a bit, either the monsters were way deeper in the mine or all of them had found something to kill. The first scenario didn't bother me as much as the second one did. That second one meaning that Naofumi could be in trouble as was the girl that was with him.

This gave me a new sense of urgency, I began to run through the mine as fast as I could. I wanted to believe that I was only being paranoid but after being in this world long enough, I wasn't going to second guess my instincts. As I continued to run, I ended up entering a large open chamber in the mine. This was a large open area and I could get a better idea of how large this mine actually was. As I was looking around, something came out of nowhere and attacked me. Luckily my reaction skill was a high level and I was able to avoid the attack from the the Two-Headed Black Dog.

"Great, a wannabe Cerberus" I said to myself

The dog barked and growled at me with both of its heads before backing up and charging at me. I rolled out of the way and fired a few rounds at it, my shots did some damage to it. The Two-Headed Black Dog whinced in pain before licking its wounds and growling at me. Before I knew it the dog jumped in the air and landed down ontop of me, catching me off guard. The Two-Headed Black Dog began to try and go for my throat to finish me off. Luckily I put my arm up and the two heads began to bite down on it. I was in a tight position and if I didn't do something fast, I might end up dying here.

Thankfully I remembered a certain ability that I had that would work out well in this situation. Right away my Venom Touch skill activated, I then grabbed one the dog heads and began to inject my venom inside of it. The dog let go of my arm and tried to get free from my grasp. Unfortunately for it, I wasn't letting go as I continued to kill it slowly with my Venom Touch.

"You shouldn't of taken a bite out of something that would sting" I said letting go of the Two-Headed Black Dog

Once I let the dog go, it began to slowly move around in pain as it was dying from my venom. I chose to use a more toxic and potent venom to kill it instead of something lighter. Not wanting thigs to go on any longer, I took out my revolver and shot the dog in both of its heads.

"Well now I feel like shit" I said to myself holstering my revolver

I then walked over to the corpse of the dead Two-Headed Black dog, I decided to pull out one of its fangs. I knew I wouldn't get much for a poisoned corpse but I could get a new revolver or some new skills out of it. I had my revolver absorb the fang of the Two-Headed Black Dog. When the fang was completely absorbed, a message popped up.