Chapter 11: Forced Celebrations

Melromarc Castle

No POV:

With the first Wave of Calamity beaten, the king was throwing a celebration for the heroes at the castle. The celebration was for Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki not Y/N and Naofumi. They had to be there so that both of them could receive their payments from the king and leave. Neither of them wanted to be apart of this but there wasn't much that they could do. Naofumi found a corner to sit in while Y/N sat off to the side looking around at the party goers. Naofumi was busy scrolling through the help menu gathering new information on the waves. With the knowledge of Gnosis, Y/N already knew everything there was to know about the waves. However Y/N did start to notice that Gnosis's knowledge was limited in some areas.

The giant turtle had knowledge of basic things as well as things that have already happened. Future and current events were a bit of a myster to Y/N, he figured once Gnosis learned it he'd learn it eventually. For now though Y/N was focused on everything else that was going on. Keeping his guard up, Y/N knew something was going to happen, he just didn't know what it was exactly. Knowing that the king was here, something was bound to happen and it would most likely involve himself or Naofumi, possibly both.

Y/N POV:

These people disgusted me, they really did, seeing them party and celebrate a victory that wasn't theirs. They praise that idiot Motoyasu as well as Ren and Itsuki for defeating the Wave Boss and stopping the wave. However they were not the ones responsible for saving everyone and keeping the casualties to a single digit. The ones responsible for that were Naofumi and I along with the help of Raphtalia and those young knights who helped us. Speaking of knights, I can see that coward you fire bombed Ryute Village and fled like a coward to go and help the other three but showed up late. The bastard was bragging to these ladies about how he helped the heroes and was one of the ones responsible for saving all of those lives.

Pissed off about this, I decided to walk over and ruin the guy's night, I figured he deserved it. So I got up and walked over to where he was, right away I made my presence known and said something.

"You know ladies, as one of the people who was actually there during the fight, I can all this guy did was fire bomb an innocent village while people were evacuating and showed up late to help the heroes" I told them before I walked away

As I walked away, I looked back and saw the ladies slap the guy before pushing cake in his face and walking away from him. As I looked forwards, I could just feel his angry glares and with my superior hearing I heard the curses and slurs he used. I walked back over to my seat and sat down, as I did I looked over and saw a large group of girls swarming around Motoyasu. All of them were asking questions about how he defeated the Wave Boss as well as some more personal questions regarding his relationship status. I could tell he liked all the attention he was getting but I began to notice someone who did not.

Off in the distance watching all of that happen was the bitch Myne, she was glaring daggers at all of the girls that were clinging to Motoyasu. She was both angry as well as jealous of them all while Motoyasu didn't even notice her. I honestly didn't feel bad for her, I did feel kind of bad for what she was going to do to Motoyasu later. Looking at them, I was reminded to what my uncle had told me a long time ago.

"Remember this nephew, hoes shouldn't fall in love with the pimp because in most cases, he's a hoe like her"

"Truer words have never been spoken uncle" I said to myself

I let out a sigh as I looked around the room, this party was starting to get kind of boring since I didn't want to be here in the first place. I only came so I could get my reward and leave, the king had other plans and was going to pay us tomorrow and told us we should stay and enjoy the party. It was genuine for Motoyasu, Ren and Itsuki because they were the “heroes” the king wanted to show off to his noble subjects. I had a feeling he wanted to keep an eye on Motoyasu and I so he could see how much we've grown. It was like a lion sizing up its prey, the weaker it was the easier it would be to kill.