PROLOGUE I

Hatred.

I never knew I could hate someone more than I hate her right now. It's not the type of hate where I want to strangle her, but it is as the same time. She's so preppy and so happy all the goddamn time. I wish there was a moment where she could experience what the rest of us experience, but no instead, she seems so fucking happy.

I never knew someone could annoy me so much, let alone someone who I have hired myself. I never knew that someone could make me get so riled up to the point where I regret having her work here.

I wish I didn't have to replace Emily, I wish I didn't have to hide her huge secret, I wish it didn't have to be this way - then, I never would have met this agent.

Emily had a chill vibe, where she would lighten up a room just by teasing someone, but this agent...she lightens a room by fucking smiling and laughing. She lightens a room just by walking in. She has this hyper sense to her where everyone loves her. They aren't even concerned about the fact that Emily is dead - or so, the fact that they think she is dead.

Death; such a concept misdemeanor. The word is tossed around so loosely and no one ever really cares until you're gone, which shocks me if I'm being honest...oh, who am I kidding? It doesn't shock me at all, not one bit.

Instead, it makes me wonder how the hell one can be shocked by death, when if we really look at it, everyone dies in the end.

I'm surprised someone can be so fucking preppy when it comes to this job or this workspace. I mean, we work around death for a living, so how the hell can one keep such a bright smile?

I hate her. I hate her. I hate her. I hate her.