x. exhaustion.

aaron hotchner.

I groan loudly, picking myself up off the ground. My office door comes swinging open, revealing Y/n with her gun

Fury fills her eyes as she begins to scream at the top of her lungs, "Put your hands up where I can see them and don't fucking move." She yells.

"Put the gun down, Hancock." I state.

"Put your hands up!" She yells, her eyes blank as she screams.

She doesn't look like herself...

"Y/n, it's me." I state.

"Put your fucking hands up, you bastard!" She screams once more.

I do as she says, putting my hands up as she walks over to me, pulling the handcuffs from her waistband. As she nears me, my eyes meet her. Her pupils are distant in glance, her eyes still filled with rage and fury.

I drop my hands, grasping her wrist, "Y/n, he's gone." I state, not letting go.

She stays silent, staring into my chest. She's completely out of it, blacked out from rage.

Garcia runs into the room, "Oh God..."

"Who is he?" I ask.

She shakes her head, "It's not my place..." She begins, "I tried to stop her but she insisted to go. Before I knew it, she grabbed her gun and bolted. I ran after her, but holy cow, she's fast."

"Who the hell is he?" I ask again.

"I can't tell you. It's on her to tell you, Hotch." She states.

Morgan and Reid walk in after Garcia, both of them filling the doorway, "You're dismissed, Garcia." I state.

Garcia nods as she exits the room, Reid and Morgan glancing at Ryan slumped on the floor, then to me, and then to Y/n, who's staring at the wall behind me.

"We need a medic." I state in a low tone.

"Was she in the room? I strictly told Garcia-" Reid begins.

"You guys knew?" I ask, my brow furrowing.

Morgan walks over to Ryan's body, "Of course, we knew. That bastard is the reason why Y/n's here, Hotch." Morgan states in a low tone, leaning down to check his pulse, "He's out cold, barely a pulse."

"Medic's two minutes out." JJ calls from the hallway.

Reid walks over, moving Morgan to the side, "As much as I hate this, we can't let him die with all of us in the room." He states in a low tone, grapping a tie off the nearby couch and pressuring it into the gunshot wound, "Do you have any gauze- or a first aid kid by any chance?" He asks, directing the question towards me.

I nod slightly, walking over to a drawer, pulling out a first aid kit. Morgan gets up, grabbing the kit from me and handing it to Reid, "Has she been like that this entire time?" Derek asks.

"She's blacked out." I state, letting out a sharp exhale, "She came running into the room with her gun, threatening to shoot if I didn't put my hands up." I pause, glancing between the both of them, "What the hell happened between her and that son of a bitch?" I ask.

They both dismiss my question, glancing at each other before shaking their heads, "That's her story to tell." Reid states in a low tone.

My brow furrows, "I need to know how to assess this." I state, hoping they'll cave and tell me.

Derek sighs, putting his hands on his hips, staring at Ryan for a moment before looking over at me, "Listen Hotch, Ryan's a sick son of a bitch." He states in a low tone, "He's not like a psycho ex, he's just crazy all around. He beats on women." He explains.