v. hotel rooms.

aaron hotchner.

I wake up to the sounds of light banging on my hotel room door. I look around the room, my eyes feeling heavy as my brow furrows in confusion.

Who the hell could possibly need something this late at night? I ask myself as I glance over at the nighstand, my eyes landing on the alarm clock - 4:42am.

I climb out of bed, heading for the door. I let out a small exhale, rubbing my eyes to wake me up even the slightest bit before opening the door.

It all feels like a fever dream, a swish of air rushing right past me, "Listen, I usually don't try to mess with power of authority, but I'm so sick and tired of this. You're going to get nowhere with the case if you don't get my help." I hear her begin to ramble on, but my mind is elsewhere, my thoughts still sound asleep.

I can feel my eyes staring at her, her figure blurring as my vision starts to focus, "Are you even listening to me, Hotchner?" She asks.

"I'm sorry- what?" I ask, finally zoning back into reality as my mind begins to wake up, making me more aware of my surroundings. I glance around the room, my brow furrowing in confusion again, "How'd you get into my room? More importantly, why are you here?" I ask.

"You just let me in." Y/n states, "I-" She begins.

"We didn't-" I begin.

"What? I- no, no we didn't" She pauses, letting out a stifled chuckle, "We argued all morning earlier over a case. Do you really think I'd climb into bed to get this case, Hotchner?" She asks.

"Then why are you here?" I ask again.

Y/n shrugs, "You just let me in, you seemed out of it. When you opened the door, you were just staring off into the distance so I just let myself in." She pauses, "Listen, back to what I was saying earlier, I was thinking that we team up. I hate you, you hate me, it's settled, whatever. But how about, we set aside our differences?" She asks.

"Why the hell would I do that? It's my case and my team is more than-" I begin, but she automatically shuts me down.

"You're clearly not getting anywhere with this case. I mean, yeah, your team is hardworking and one hell of a team, but I could really help you guys. There's some details that you guys don't know yet-" She begins.

I cut her off immediately, motioning towards the desk, "Then write all the details down on a sticky note and leave it on the desk." I state, grasping a pen and stack of stick notes.

"What I'm trying to say is-" Y/n begins, trying to explain herself all over again.

"Don't you think you've done enough?" I ask, "I mean, You moved from Chicago to Virginia thinking you had a job, you moved right in with Reid and Morgan without even caring about what you're disrupting, you tried to jump into a work position that I wasn't prepared to fill yet, you disrupted a crime scene earlier, you terrorized Strauss into trying to get is case, you spilt coffee on my tech analyst, and now you show up to my hotel room at the ass crack of dawn to bug me about a case that I can clearly handle."

Her facial expression drops and her eyes begin softening as the words escape from my lips, "That was never my intention-" She begins.

"You've done enough, Agent. I'm sure that your Homicide chief wouldn't be proud to hear about this, so how about you sleep off the rest of the night and head back?" I ask.

She nods, "Yeah, no, you're totally right." She states, turning on her heels as she heads for the door, "The Hamptons." She states as she reaches the door.

"The Hamptons?" I ask, repeating her words, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

She turns back around to face me, "That's where all of the victims link together to fit the Unidentified Subject's M.O. They all went to the Hamptons last summer." She explains, but soon cuts herself off, shaking her head slightly, "Sorry, I have no use here, and my chief wouldn't be pleased with this, so there's not much else I can say. Good luck on your case, though." She states with a small smile, gripping the doorknob tightly as she opens the door.