xiii. secretive.

aaron hotchner.

The alarm physically burns as my eyes flutter open. I feel the warmth of Y/n, her body curled up next to mine as her head rests on the pillow besides my chest. I sit up, the sleepiness still racking through my body.

Y/n hums softly as I climb out of the bed, letting out a stifled groan. I throw on my shirt, every muscle feeling sore. Glancing over my shoulder, I notice Y/n awake now, closely watching everything I do.

"I'm never drinking again." I whisper.

Y/n smiles softly, letting out a small laugh, "Whatever you say, Hotchner." She states in a low tone as she climbs out of bed.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

She gives me a flattened look, "To go check if the coast is clear." She states as if her every move is already obvious.

She steps out of the room as I glance around. My eyes rake through every photograph and every bit of jewelry lying around.

She returns within a few seconds, but I don't ever notice until her hands are snaking around my back. She lines kisses up along my shoulder blade as I toss my head back, "You don't really have much decorations." I mutter.

She lets out a small breath of laughter, leaning her head against the back of my shoulder as her arms stay wrapped around my back, "Don't really have much time. I'm a hardcore agent." She states with pride in her tone, "Your place is barely decorated as well." She adds on.

I hum in response, turning around, "I will see you at work." I pause, "And I promise I'll be completely professional."

She shakes her head, "You suck at being professional, Hotchner." She whispers as I let out a low chuckle, leaning in and kissing her softly, "I'll show you out."

She leads the way out of the room, holding my arm as she pulls me close to her. She glances down the hall, making sure it's empty before tiptoeing her way through the house.

Lights come on in the kitchen, startling the both of us, "Derek?" I hear a familar voice state and within seconds, I feel myself get pushed down.

"Nope, just me." Y/n states, "What are you doing up, Spence?" She asks.

I listen as Reid shuffles around with a few things before drawing closer, "I like to be the first one at the bureau." He states, pausing in between his words, "I don't like to be tired while working, it doesn't motivate me enough in a way where I can focus. I like to wake up hours in advance."

"Well, yeah, I know that. I just didn't expect you to be awake this early." Y/n states as I sit up behind the couch.

"Is everything okay with you?" He asks, his words drawing closer as Y/n taps her foot against mine.

Y/n nods slightly at his words, "Yeah, my foot's just asleep." She lies, bullshitting her way through this entire thing, "I should probably head back to bed. Clearly it is way too early for me." She states, the both of them letting out a small bit of laughter.

"I'm gonna go take a shower." Reid states, "I'll see you at work." He states, not noticing a single thing.

We wait until the bathroom door closes and the shower is turned on, letting the house fall silent besides the loud sounds of the water hitting the walls and floor of the shower.

I let out a small breath of laughter, shaking my head, "I'm sorry, it was hilarious watching you panic." I whisper.

Y/n kicks me again, "Next time, I'm gonna go back to bed and you can fend for yourself." She states in a normal tone.