Shadow Days

"Hello?" I answer the phone groggily.

"Hey, Audi, it's me." Weston chuckles as he uses the nickname he knows I hate.

"Why are you calling me at three in the morning?" I ask I as I rub my eyes.

"I miss you so much and I'm thinking about you in my bed next to me right now." He tells me cheekily, "Naked," He adds.

I close my eyes, "As sexy as that sounds, I don't feel up to phone sex..."

He laughs, "Don't worry that wasn't my objective. I just wanted to call you and tell you that I'm on my way home."

I sit up in bed, "Really? I thought you were going to stay home for a couple of days?"

There's silence on the other end.

"Weston?" I ask.

"Yeah, sorry?" He replies, his voice sounding muffled.

"What brings you home so early?" I repeat myself.

"Why not?" He asks, "Is something wrong with me wanting to see you sooner?"

I shake my head, "No, I'm just curious. But I'm happy you're coming home. I miss you."

"I miss you too, kiddo." He replies, "Alright, my flight is boarding, I'll see you in a couple of hours. Love you."

He hangs up the phone and I go back to sleep.

"Hey, sleeping beast." Weston's voice purrs in my ear.

My eyes fly open to see him standing above me with a huge grin. "Hi!"

He climbs on top of me and kisses my neck, "Mmm, it's so good to be back."

I smile, "It's good to have you back."

"What have you been up to while I was gone?" He asks, lying on his side and propping his head up on his elbow to face me.

I shrug, "Work mostly. And I ran into an old friend of mine."

Weston's face clouds over, "A bad friend? Like a friend I should worry about?"

I shake my head, "No, he's a good person."

"He?" Weston raises an eyebrow. "I think I should be worried now."

I roll my eyes and cuddle into his side, "There's nothing to be concerned about."

"Can I meet him?" Weston asks.

I give him a look, "Really?"

"Yeah."

I sigh, "Fine. Only because I want you to know that you shouldn't be acting this way over someone who was from my past."

"That's exactly why I'm concerned."

I groan and pick up the phone, dialing a number that I'm surprised I still remember.

"Auden." The voice on the other end says.

"Hi, can you come over around 2? My fiance wants to meet you." I say bluntly.

"Is that really a good idea, Aud?" He asks hesitantly.

"Great! See you then!" I ignore his question and hang up the phone.

Weston kisses my cheek, "I like it when you call me your fiance, it's cute."

I laugh and I start making the bed.

Weston grabs the blankets from me and gives me a look, "Hey, hey. Why are you making the bed?"

"It's 12:30. We should get up."

He raises an eyebrow again and shoots me a sly look, "Well, I thought we could maybe use the bed for a little while longer."

I giggle as he pulls me in and under the covers.

Things I acknowledge

1. it is short, yet again, and for the most part, uneventful.

2. i always apologize for making it short

3. it's probably excruciating to wait so long for such a little chapter

With that being said, the story is just about finished. I predict two or three more chapters that are larger than this, or four more this size.

The story has become less interesting to me and I find it hard to finish, however I will continue for the sake of finishing it!

I'm currently working on another story titled "State of Grace" that will be part of a series of short books inspired by Taylor Swift's songs.

I'm going to write as many chapters as I can and work on as many books as I can before I succumb to publishing one.

I already have 7 planned so here are the titles!

State of Grace

Forever & Always

Fifteen

You Belong with Me

Enchanted

Stay, Stay, Stay

Teardrops on my Guitar

If you have any songs that you absolutely HAVE to have a story written about (Taylor Swift, of course) then comment or message me directly!

Wow this blurb was almost longer than my story.

Sorry.