In Repair

I'm sorry in advance if the last part is too hard to read. For me, it was a tad hard to even write, so feel free to skip it! It's in italics.

Preston leaned in to kiss me after we pulled up to the House.

I stopped abruptly and closed my eyes, “Stop.”

He frowned and looked at me, “What? Why?”

I laughed hysterically, “Preston, do you know what I do for a living?”

He nodded silently, like he was refusing to actually say the word.

So I said it for him. “I’m a prostitute. I have meaningless sex with random men who pay me to do it.” I threw my hands up in frustration, “I feel like I have to keep reminding you! This isn’t Match.com or eHarmony. You don’t pay me to have a relationship with you. It’s a one time thing.”

Preston’s jaw clenched for a second, but then he raised an eyebrow, “Right,” He said slowly, “But you didn’t actually take the money.”

“We didn’t have sex.”

“But I used you for the night. You said I could use you however I wanted if I paid.”

I narrowed my eyes at him and took the wad of cash from his outreached hands, “Fine.”

I pushed open the car door and leaned down so that he had an obvious view of my chest, “Goodbye, Preston. I hope you enjoyed our services.”

I slammed the door shut before he could say anything. Trudging up the steps to the house, I heard his car drive off. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and handed Randy the money when I saw him in the front hallway.

“How was it?” Jazz, Tori, and Shelly asked me simultaneously.

I shrugged and went upstairs to get my things. I didn’t really feel like talking about my non-traditional night with Preston.

Randy walked into the room as I grabbed my purse and handed me my share of the money. I trusted him enough that I didn’t bother to count it out.

“Wow, hangover?” He asked with an amused expression.

I ignored him, “Can I take the day off?” I asked when I passed him to go downstairs.

Randy sighed audibly, “I guess so. Thanks for taking the big client for me.”

I gave him a look, “I thought he requested me.”

“He did.”

“Then why are you thanking me like it was a volunteer?”

Randy shrugged, “He said it didn’t have to be you if you weren’t up for it.”

I glared at him before slinging my bag over my shoulder, “Thanks for giving me the option.”

“Hey, it was three thousand dollars.” He mentioned, waving his finger at me, “That’s a lot of money from one guy.”

I kissed him on the cheek and rolled my eyes, “Bye, Randy.”

“Bye, sweetheart. Get some rest.” He opened the door for me.

I didn’t live too far from the house, just in case I couldn’t find a cab. The walk there was quiet, since it was still early in the morning. My hangover was getting a little bit better and the cool fall air felt nice and soothing.

When I got home, I did the only thing that I rarely got to do.

I slept through the rest of the day of course.