Homelife

"I'm still calling you Weston." I tell him after we arrive at the ice skating rink.

"No."

I pout and put my hands on his knees as he sits in front of me, trying to get his skates on. "Please?"

He stares at me for a second and then blinks. "No."

I climb onto his lap, straddling him, and try to give him puppy dog eyes, "Pretty please?"

Weston sucks in a deep breath and looks at me, "Uhh."

We sit in silence for a while and I can see parents giving a few judging glares and some children looking uneasily at us. I don't really care all that much.

"No."

I glare at him and hop off his lap. I finish lacing up my skates and walk over to the rink. I step onto the ice and glide around, feeling like a kid again.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist and pulls me into them, "You're cute when you're angry." Weston whispers into my ear softly.

I spin around to face him but we're still moving. I'm skating backwards while he skates forwards at the same pace.

"You're a good skater." He comments down at me.

"I've had a little practice." I admit.

Weston smiles and leans down to kiss me, but I spin away and sprint off. I hear him laughing in the distance, knowing this is the perfect opportunity for me to show off.

I jump up and preform a single axel, landing perfectly onto the ice and skating right up to Weston.

He stares at me and grins, "Wow."

I smile and pull him along with me. He takes my hand in his and leans down, "Was that to show off or to avoid me?"

I laugh, "Both."

He frowns, "Are you one of those girls who won't put out on the first date?"

I look at him with hesitation. Was he serious?

Weston shakes his head and skates away from me in a huff.

My eyes widen. I can't believe that just happened. Since I left home, I hadn't told anyone about my past at all. If they asked about a profession, I just said social services, getting a kick out of my own little joke.

As I watched Weston leave me, new wounds started to open. I had successfully kept those memories locked away, not letting anyone or anything hurt me again. You might think that I wanted to keep myself even more closed up in order to prevent that, but for some reason I became more social. It even suprised me when I accepted Weston's date since I had no clue what I was in for. I'd recovered so quickly and I knew that it would hit me again. Going from Preston to someone else had once felt impossible, but I know that I was wrong. It just bruised a little.

A pair of arms wrapped around me once again and I didn't react.

Until a voice that was definitely not Weston's spoke in my ear.

"I saw you and your boyfriend getting in a little fight. Want me to cheer you up, baby girl?"

I push the arms away and turn around to face a creepy middle aged guy smiling at me.

I skate away, unable to find Weston in this crowd of people and hop off the rink.

"Hey, where're you going, dollface?" The man shouts after me.

I kick my skates off and run out of the lobby area into the cold air. I knew that being somewhere alone was bad, so I headed for the hot chocolate stand nearby.