Chapter 24: An Explosive Lesson

WELCOME BACK! It's been over a year since this story has been updated, and I am SO sorry for that. But, despite what many of you have thought, this story IS NOT OVER! :D There's still much to do and many chapters to write. I have no idea where this story is going, but I'm excited to find out!

I have gotten so much AMAZING fanart for this story, it's unreal. I'd have to say Swan Dive and Viridian are my two most popular stories, with (shockingly) my oneshot, Lifeline coming in third. (Seriously, why the oneshot?) Normally, I'd like the art right now, but I'm posting this chapter right as I head off to work, and the fanart linking usually takes a good 20-40 minutes, so... next time. Sorry about that. (I have to sort through a year's worth of e-mails and stuff to find all the Swan Dive fanart. Haha.)

Future fanart can be sent to me via e-mail to aizawa@email.com or on my Discord Channel! https://discord.gg/a6D9KhjUFq

I also want to thank everyone for being so amazing! I love you all! I encourage people to be inspired by my writing, so if you want to write a story that involves my headcanons or OCs or whatever (or a 'reading/watching the fic', 'characters from other fics get dumped into a room together', or something similar), go for it! Just remember to credit me! (and link me, because I love reading them!) This DOES NOT mean copy/paste my story and claim it as your own, though (in the case of a 'characters reacting to the fic', so long as you disclaimer my work and actually add in the reactions yourself and the like, then I'll trust you to use common sense).

:)

~~~

He slid into his seat silently; none of his classmates even realized he'd entered the room—sans Kacchan, who gave him a curious look.

His dad trudged through the door just as the bell rang, looking for all the world like he'd rather be anywhere else. "You all should've had the chance to look over your syllabus. For those of you who don't know, we've got a new class member. Shinsou Hitoshi will be your classmate from this point onwards." He gestured towards the purple-haired kid tiredly before turning back towards the class. "I'm going to take a nap, now. Do whatever you want, just try not to wake me up." With that, his dad curled up in his yellow sleeping bag and conked out.

"Wow, so you're Shinsou, right?" Ashido grinned. "Nice to meet you!! You must be pretty good if Aizawa-sensei put you in here."

"Especially considering the fact that he expelled Mineta so quickly..." Kaminari grimaced.

Izuku tuned out the introductions as he leaned forward to speak with Kacchan. "What do you think we'll be doing for Heroics today?" He asked excitedly.

"Dunno." The blond shrugged. "Whatever it is should be pretty damn cool, though." He grinned.

"I heard All Might's teaching Heroics!" Jiro commented, bringing attention towards their conversation.

"I meant to ask... how did you get a cat in here?" Ashido tilted her head.

"Ah, Yuki is my Hero's Partner." Izuku explained, scratching the feline under the neck. "He's got a Quirk of his own—Shadow—and I put in the paperwork last year. Legally, he's treated like support gear, so I can take him everywhere with me!"

"That's so cool!" The pink-haired girl beamed.

Yuki eyed Koda curiously. The quiet boy flushed a bit as he brought up his hands to sign. "Yuki wants me to tell you that I can understand him, and can..." He flushed a little darker when he remembered that most people didn't know sign.