Chapter 6: First Patrol

A/N: So sorry this is late, guys! T_T Time honestly got away from me and I worked an 8 hour shift yesterday on 0 hours of sleep (I hate insomnia... Some days, I swear I'm actually Shouta reincarnated, just ask my dry eye), and then when I went to bed last night (more like yesterday afternoon) I slept for 12 hours before getting up for my shift at 5:30AM. Haha...

The joys of having 2 jobs and a grand total of (maaaaybe) 3 days off each month. At most. Haha. Shoot me in the foot. Maybe then I can stay home and write for a bit? XD Anyhow, sorry about leaving you all on such a cliffhanger, so here's the update~! Enjoy!!

Chapter 6: First Patrol

Shouta sat next to Inko and Hizashi by Izuku's bedside. He'd given his statement to Detective Tsukauchi and then proceeded to camp himself next to his student's hospital bed. Luckily, it was the weekend, so he didn't have to worry about classes.

He'd known something was wrong when Izuku wasn't early for his training. He was always early. But he didn't do anything at first. It was entirely possible that he'd gotten caught up with something after school. But his gut clenched when their agreed time came, and Izuku did not.

Hizashi had been just as concerned, and followed him. Izuku hadn't answered his phone, nor read his texts. Something was wrong, and Shouta's heart tightened at the thought of finding his student hurt—or dead.

Shouta locked his phone onto Izuku's phone's signal, tracking the location. At first, nothing seemed amiss. No worrying sounds or flashy explosions. Everything seemed normal. But the moment they neared an alleyway, normality shattered.

Izuku's agonizing screams would haunt both his and Hizashi's nightmares for years to come. Shouta had never run so fast in his life, and the moment he caught sight of some kid with his hand wrapped around the neck of his student, he activated his Quirk.

The screams cut short, and Shouta wasted no time in taking care of the attackers (with no small amount of fury, and absolutely no mercy). The police were notified and an ambulance was called.

There were bloodstains where Izuku had cracked his head off the brick wall. For a moment, he was scared that they'd been too late. The way his student had fallen abruptly limp as soon as Shouta had erased whatever that kid's Quirk was, made him fear the worst.

But then he'd seen the green haired boy's eyes try to follow and track his movement, and Shouta let out a sigh of relief. He's alive.

He'd been terrified, seeing how out of it his student was. He and Hizashi both were. Shouta insisted on going with Izuku in the ambulance. As a hero, he was allowed to do so (usually because the people they save need to know that they're still safe, and most of the time the best way to do that is to have the hero that saved them stay with them).

The moment Izuku actually passed out as he was rushed to the ER scared Shouta more than he was willing to admit. It downright terrified him. And then Inko came rushing in not twenty minutes later, crashing into Hizashi's chest with a terrible sob.

Thoughts spun around Shouta's head, as they waited for the news. This was my fault. Someone was targeting him because of my training. Because of me...

"Hey." Hizashi placed a hand on his shoulder, his eyes holding that same guilty weight. Before anyone could say anything more, the doctor came out. The three stood.

"We found no internal damage, aside from the concussion. Our scans found nothing abnormal, but we'll check again when he wakes up. Other than that, he's expected to make a full recovery, though he may have some minor nerve damage. The extent of that... well, we can't know for sure until he wakes up. You may go in and see him, now."