Chapter 19: Nezu

A/N: Hello everyone! Day 3 of my update binge! :D This time, as promised, it's Swan Dive!! Whooo!! So it's short, but I have an Omake at the end to make up for that. This chapter was kinda fun to write, honestly, and it shows how much Izuku has grown over the last year he's been with Shou~

A new fanfic idea I've had lately is one where Inko is Shouta's older sister (there's only 11 years difference between them; totally plausible). So it'd follow them from childhood all the way through Izuku's birth and his eventual attendance of U.A. (likely with Izuku still getting OfA.) Like, how would Izuku change by having Aizawa Shouta as a loving uncle? And Hizashi as an uncle through Shouta? And Inko having more than just Mitsuki?

Comment and let me know what you think of that idea, yeah? Something you're interested in? (Just sayin'... little Shouta is so freaking adorable!!)

Hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. Both my jobs are still open, even though my state (CA) is under a stay-at-home order. So... yeah. Though one job's cut hours dramatically. I went from working about 22-27 hours a week at that one to 8-13 scheduled hours. Oof. that's gonna hurt so bad. >_<

Like I said—stay safe. Love you all, and please enjoy this update~!

~~~

Izuku grinned as he leapt from roof to roof. He was much more proficient with his Capture Weapon than he used to be, and could use it with almost as much ease and precision as his dad. While he still wasn't allowed to actively engage anyone on patrols, he was most certainly allowed to help his dad restrain criminals until the police arrived, so long as he didn't actually fight.

He was slowly getting better and better at these patrols, and half the time, his dad let him lead the routes, now. Izuku was getting very good at finding trouble. It was almost scary. He seemed to have some sort of natural built-in radar for finding the people who needed help the most, and the nights that his dad let him come along on patrol ended up being the busiest nights he had.

Yuki had finally been allowed to come with Izuku on patrols. Turned out, Yuki did have a Quirk after all, and was fully capable of understanding and comprehending human speech, even if he couldn't replicate it.

Yuki's Quirk? He could completely disappear in shadows. Izuku thought it was the coolest, and it was absolutely perfect for the partner of an Underground Hero. Even his dad agreed. The registration would be finished by the U.A. Entrance Exams, so Izuku would be free to bring Yuki with him to school, too. That was something he was looking forward to, even if Kacchan and Yuki fought from time to time.

That was funny, to be honest. Their first meeting had been... explosive—and not in the literal sense, either. Yuki had taken an instant dislike to Kacchan the moment the blond inadvertently stepped on his tail. It was hate at first bite on Kacchan's end, too. Izuku, ever the peacekeeper, managed to quell most of the unintelligible argument between cat and boy. The two now have a sort of love-hate relationship. Yuki understood that Kacchan was important to Izuku, and was family, so he tolerated the blond.

Didn't mean he didn't occasionally swipe his tail under Kacchan's nose to make him sneeze at one in the morning, though.

Izuku idly reached up and scratched the feline under the chin. He was nearly fully grown, now. Yuki still preferred to sit on Izuku's shoulders, which Izuku found wasn't uncomfortable at all. In fact, his weight was a constant comfort to the boy.