Chapter 21: U.A. Exams

A/N: Surprise!! Today's update is Swan Dive!! :D We've finally hit the Exams! :) Hope you guys are excited

How's everyone holding up with Corona? Today makes the 6th consecutive update! Whooo!! I should write more in this A/N, but I honestly can't really think of anything right now, and I have a headache. Oof. Also, GIGANTIC thanks to EmilyStarDraws on Instagram, who drew the amazing fanart of Minizawa~! (So cute!!) If you have fanart, please either tag me on insta, or email it to Betweentwoworlds@italymail.com. :) Thank you everyone~! Please enjoy!

Oh! And last thing (sorry!) I finally made a tiktok. Same username. Check it out if you want.

Hi,linechanhere.Hopeeveryone'sdoingokay,Author-chanhasaheadacherightnow,butshe'sgoingtobeanidiotandstayupanyhow.

Izuku nervously fiddled with the keychain that hung off his phone. The little yellow goggles, mini microphone, tiny gummy bear, small red glasses, and kitty paw represented his family. The phone case sported the U.A. Logo, his first choice High School.

"Stop it, nerd. That's annoying." Kacchan gently bumped his shoulder, reminding him of where they were. U.A. They were here to take the Entrance Exam for their dream school.

Yes. Izuku was nervous. Kacchan was nervous, too—though he didn't show it. They'd spent the last ten months training until they dropped (sometimes literally, in Izuku's case, much to Shouta, Nemuri and Hizashi's worry, and Nana's ire). They were as ready as they were going to be.

Luckily, if you asked in advance, you could get certain weapons approved for the Exam. Like Izuku's Capture Weapon, for instance. Or his sai—his tanto were denied, unfortunately. Yuki, regrettably, also had to sit out on this exam. He would be waiting with his dad in the observation room today.

He idly wondered if that purple haired kid was doing okay.

The written test was honestly a bit of a blur for Izuku. He found it surprisingly easy, and wondered if the material his parents had been giving him to study with were from higher levels of education.

They soon found themselves sitting side-by-side in the auditorium. That's when his Pa came up on the stage, and Izuku found himself relaxing a bit. It was a little strange to see Hizashi in full Hero Costume and at work (Zashi hardly ever went out on patrols with him and Dad anymore), but he supposed he'd need to get used to it (or at least, he hoped).

"Hello Examinee Listeners! Thank you all for tuning into today's live performance!" Hizashi—Present Mic—grinned. "EVERYBODY SAY HEY!" He shouted in English.

"HEY!" Izuku and Kacchan cried out in unison. Izuku remembered hearing Hizashi lamenting the fact that nobody ever responded to him during this welcome speech for the exams, so he and Kacchan had decided to fix that. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen his Pa look so excited. He was vibrating on the stage as he fed off their energy.