Chapter 1: Rooftop

Hey everyone! This is my first My Hero Academia fanfiction! I hope you all like it, I've got the first 19 chapters written out right now (about 50,000 words), so expect updates fairly regularly for a while. I work 3 jobs right now, so once I'm caught up, idk when I'll update next. But I have fallen in LOVE with this fandom (especially Aizawa).

This is one of five BnHA Fics I've started. Please keep an eye out and give me feedback. This fic does have some suicidal triggers in parts of it. The first chapter is the worst. I'll give warnings as necessary. Please be responsible and only read what you feel you can handle.

With that said, I do want to apologize to my Hetalia fans. I'm still working on my stories, I swear, but I may be captured by the BnHA fandom for a bit. I appreciate your patience and support, and rest assured, I'll update my other fics eventually.

Please enjoy!

~SilvermistAnimeLover

Chapter 1: Rooftop

The wind was gentle and cool. It caressed the face of the green-haired child as he stood at the edge of the roof. It tried to wipe away his tears as they flowed silently down his cheeks. For the first time in years, they weren't sad tears. They were tears of relief.

"Finally..." He smiled softly to himself. "Finally I know what to do... Arigatou, Kacchan." Though his friend's words earlier that day had been of anger, he couldn't find it in himself to be angry. This was, after all, his own decision. His own weakness lead him here.

He'd met his hero, All Might. He'd shared his secret of weakness with him. He felt honored, but bitter. It hurt more than he was willing to admit to hear those words from his idol.

"I cannot simply say 'You can become a hero even without power.'"

"Even you, All Might? I should've known." He smiled. "I understand, now... I'll never become a hero." The words felt choked in his throat, but he couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He felt numb... empty... yet his head was clear, almost painfully so. His mind was calm, even though it should've been a whirlwind of emotions. "And if I can't help people... then I've no reason to stay. I'm sorry, mom... I'm so sorry." He whispered back the words she once had sobbed to him.

His shoes were placed neatly and carefully beside his backpack, a short quaint note to his mother hidden within the zipper of his bag.

He took a deep breath, and closed his eyes for a moment, feeling the wind around him. No heroes would be nearby, he knew. Not with that commotion across town. The plume of smoke would surely draw all active nearby heroes to the other side of town. Nobody would 'save' him. He didn't want anybody to.

He opened his eyes and smiled serenely at the city around him. "Life will go on. The death of a Quirkless child will affect no one."

"