Hanbok

Dust sheets settled over the furniture in the grandest rooms of Hannam. In a matter of minutes Jungkook, would journey South, to join his sister for a whole month.

He didn't want to leave, didn't want to spend his time within a society that had become toxic to him. His physical injuries from the hunt had all healed, but he was filled with nausea every time he thought about all the Mr Culshaw's and Mr Ross' he would have to endure while in the city.

Hannam Hill was where he had finally started to feel at home for the first time since his parents passed away and he did not want to leave even for a day. But Hope had departed the fortnight previous at the invitation of Miss Chambers and after numerous letters begging him to join her, Jungkook had run out of excuses not to go.

With tired shoulders and a hearty sigh, he gave final orders to his steward, readied the carriage to depart and gazed momentarily across the vast estate to see distant smoke rise from the chimney of Snow cottage. He already missed that view even though he has not yet departed.

Or maybe he just missed the man who lived within it's walls. His relationship with the owner had strengthened greatly since he spent those few days recovering from his wound inside Snow Cottage. They had become friends, talked casually, laughed frequently. Mostly he loved the warmth he felt in his chest every time Jimin called him by his first name.

Now he felt guilty at not informing Jimin of his departure. He knew the village grape vine or even Mr Jackson would surely do that for him, probably before he had even made it past the estate gates, but in that final moment, Jungkook felt a compulsion to go over to Snow Cottage and personally tell Jimin of his journey.

Standing down the carriage footmen for a little longer, Jungkook made the journey across the fields to the Cottage. He had not even reached the top step of the entrance, when a maid collided with him, her arms full of Linen.

"I'm so sorry, Sir" she pleaded multiple times, whilst escorting him through to the front parlour.

"If you wait here, I'll announce your arrival to the master" she added then scurried off at pace, leaving him alone, waiting patiently in the homely room.

The day was still early and the rising sun filtered through the large window as he studied the trinkets and photo's around the space, wondering what memories they held and how each arrived to it's current resting place. But as time wore on, Jungkook was still waiting alone in the room.

He stepped to the doorway, looking for the servant to hail, but there was no one in sight.

"Hello there!" he firmly called out, still no one appeared.

In fear or being left alone the whole day, Jungkook decided to make his presence known. He stepped down the hall, daring a respectful peak around the open doors he passed. As he came to Jimin's study, a warmth emanated that was absent from the other areas.

Venturing forward, Jungkook stepped further into the room, seeing a freshly made log fire flickering away, then his eyes fell on Jimin sitting comfortably on a couch, absorbed in a novel of some kind.

"J-Jungkook! whatever are you doing here?" Jimin called, almost leaping from the couch in surprise at seeing his neighbour stood there.

"I announced my arrival but...." Jungkook began, words quickly trailing off, completely distracted by Jimin's appearance and his unusual attire.

He threw out a few more consonants like a rambling fool, none managing to form into actual words. He was just glued to his neighbour's movements. The way he was dressed was so... It was so different. Jimin blushed deeply, clearly flustered under his intense stare and Jungkook felt his heart flux at the sweet shy reaction.