The Wild Sea

The sea wind lashed across the small pebble beach, deafening Jimin, who sat exhausted by the shore edge. He was completely sapped of strength. It had been a good two months since arriving at the coast to support June and her husband, and what a difficult time it had been.

Captain Jin had indeed been gravely injured. They really didn't think he would make it. His brother-in -law had been unconscious for the longest time, and Jimin could see the stress it caused June, even though she tried to stay strong for the sake of young Tae and her unborn child.

Jimin took on the burden of his family's worry. It was hard, but eventually, Jin came around little by little and started to recover. Some of the captain's injuries would always remain. He would never be able to return to his post in the Navy, but he was alive and getting better every day.

When Jin finally managed to sit up in bed and make jokes about how his shipmates would miss his handsome face, Jimin almost cried with relief. And before he could fall apart in front of his family, Jimin headed to the shore, to where he currently sat, growing ever colder from the icy squall.

All that worry tied up tight inside, suddenly poured out, overflowing as tears of relief, which were conveniently masked amongst the violent sea spray.

Then as the concerns over Jin's recovery slowly ebbed away, Jimin's mind filled with new worries. How would the Captain support his family now? He was still a young man and was about to have a child. Without a Navy income, Jin would have to find other employment.

Jimin couldn't take any more stress at that moment and instead, just for a while, let the raging roar of the sea block all thoughts from his mind.

It worked a little too well. His whole body and mind grew numb from the cold until Jimin imagined he could actually see Mr Jeon approaching in the distance.

But that wouldn't have been possible. A letter from Hope had informed that Mr Jeon was away on urgent business and that was why Jimin had not heard from his neighbour the whole time he had been at the coast.

Even so, Jimin could not take his eyes away from the image that grew steadily closer, with his tousled hair and tails of his overcoat blowing wildly against the bitter wind. It wasn't until Jungkook dropped to his knees beside him that Jimin realised the illusion was real.

"Good God Jimin, you look frozen!" Jungkook said worryingly, pulling off his heavy coat to wrap tightly around his neighbour.

"Y-you're really here?" Jimin stuttered through chattering teeth while Jungkook rubbed his arms to warm him up.

"I would have come sooner, but I was finalising a business proposal that I have just delivered to the Captain and June"

"A proposal?" Jimin replied a little clueless to what that meant. Jungkook nodded nervously as he continued.

"Hmm, a proposal that they are keen to accept, but it all depends on you" he cryptically said, throwing Jimin into more confusion.

"The machine I have been working on with Mr Riley is to be implemented in mills across the country. I thought it would be a good opportunity for the Captain and yourself to join us in a business partnership. I've been taking some advice from Mr Jackson, who has helped me work out the details"

"And it all depends on if I accept the partnership? Jimin questioned, still a little lost

"No, not exactly" Jungkook replied nervously

"Then what is it I am to decide on?"

Jungkook looked away for a moment, building up some courage before continuing.

"To move into Hannam Hill!" he eventually managed to say.

"Come live with me, Jimin," he added, with honeyed tones that melted the coldness from Jimin's skin.

He leaned closer still, lips whispering softly against Jimin's ear, blocking out the deafening sea wind.

"I want to see you when I wake up in the morning" he spoke. Words that sent a shiver of heat course through Jimin's icy body.

"I-I" Jimin struggled to find words, allured by the passionate remarks that instantly brought indecent images racing through his brain.

Jungkook held his gaze, leaning in to Jimin, then staring at his full lips that looked a little blue from the cold.

"Please, come live with me!"

If Jimin accepted the move at Hannam, June, Tae and the Captain could live at Snow Cottage. Truly a dream come true, a wonderful place for June to raise her family and such a close distance for Jin to conduct business with him and Jungkook.

And Jimin was in awe of Jungkook's bravery. The handsome owner of Hannam, who arrived in the village all that time ago, had been timid, anxious, and influenced by his society friends. But now willingly bringing rumours to his door, in announcing his decision to live with another man.

"Ask me again?" Jimin begged, wanting to feel the blast of heat, those words gave him

"Jungkook grinned sinfully and again leaned in to whisper tantalizingly

"When I open my eyes each day, you're the first thing I want to see. Come live with me?"

Jimin hummed dreamily to himself, the cold melting away from his body as he processed those words.

"I'm persuaded to accept. Awaking to see your eyes, that always shine more brightly than the clearest sun rise, will surely be the greatest way to start each day" Jimin finally answered.

A shy blush filled Jungkook's cheeks for a moment before he beamed with delight, flashing his neighbour that smile he had fallen in love with.

Then without further regard, he kissed Jimin ardently, bringing life back to those cold lips until they felt like heaven against his own.