Issue 17: Too Hot to Handle, Too Cold to Hold

"Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the day we've been working towards for the last week. I know that it feels like it's been years for some of us, but I assure you this is the start of a new beginning. With this key, we now have the ability to take this world and mold it into whatever we want. This universe is ours for the taking with the help of my genius, your own individual expertise, and of course, the entire multiverse." I began to say. "As most of you know, our first objective is to neutralize Superman and the rest of his little family, as well as the Legion of Doom. And with no offense to you here, I don't believe we quite have the power necessary to defeat Superman. So let's fix that, shall we?" I said before turning on the portal. "Mercy, give me a number between 2 and 2 kajillion."

"One hundred nineteen."

"Very well." I said before punching in the number and flipping multiple switches. The lair seemed silent in anticipation. I felt I had the expression of a mad scientist and I must admit I relished in the thought. This success could catapult me from a foolish novice Whose been gifted an absurd amount of money into one of the gods. "Now let's see what this Earth's Metropolis has to offer us..." I whispered to myself as I put in coordinates into the middle of a random Metropolis street. "Now, in some instances we may need to send someone into the portal to do a little recruiting. The portal is a little rough around the edges right now so I can keep this open for a little under five minutes. Anyone want to become the boss's favorite and go in to look for some takers?"

"How do we know you didn't just accidentally create a new Phantom Zone to lock us in?" Sapphire asked.

"Because I worked on it." Cold stated.

"That doesn't exactly inspire me with hope."

"That's because blue isn't exactly your color, honey." Roulette said. "What? I know what their colors mean, I pay attention sometimes."

"Oooh, boss's favorite? Sounds like a title I could get used to." Cheshire said.

"Excellent. We'll have to be quick to-" I began to say before all of the sudden someone jumped through the portal. The room rose in temperature as the character came through. She was definitely female and she was standing there in all black leather with a red tint. Her hair seemed to be one continuous flame and she looked around and studied her surroundings, obviously confused on how she got from her Metropolis to here.

"Ugh, it's gonna be one of those days isn't it?" She asked before another figure came flying through the portal and crashed into her. This one was a lot easier to identify as she looked familiar, just a few year younger and a slightly more ridiculous costume.

"Give it up, Volcana!" Supergirl said holding the woman by her costume.

"In your dreams, brat!" This "Volcana" woman stated before she let out a huge heat flare from her body, pushing Supergirl away and increasing the heat of the room.

"These two'll burn down the lab if we let them continue their game any longer! Frost! Cold! Cool off the hot head!" I ordered. Louise looked down at her hands and grinned as she saw she was able to conjure up a powerful blast. She aimed and shot it at Volcana with Cold's own cold blast.

"What the-?" Volcana was able to get out before she was frozen.

"Ugh..." Supergirl started to get up from the heat blast from Volcana earlier. "Wait, how did...? Captain Cold? Mercy Graves? You look-"

"Mercy-"

"Yeah yeah I know the Super-Family protocol." She said before pulling out one of her guns. This one was a small pistol with a Superman logo engraved on it. "I've waited a long time to use this." She said with a grin.

"Remember to only shoot to incapacitate. We don't want her dead just yet."

"Well that's no fun." She said before shooting Supergirl in the leg with a Kryptonite bullet. Supergirl screamed in pain before Mercy shot her other leg.

"That should've weakened her enough." I said before moving my hand over to drag Supergirl over to me with my telekinesis and a brain chip syringe into my other hand. I grabbed Supergirl by her shirt.

"Who are you...?" She whispered before I shot her in the neck with the syringe.

"You'll learn that soon enough." I said before pushing her to the ground just as her body went unconscious. "Manta, turn off the portal for now." A silent amazement fell upon the rest of the Circle. Roulette, Cold and Sapphire were surprisingly quiet for once. Banshee and Manta however seemed just as deadpan as usual. Mercy brandished her gun. Giganta looked on with intrigue. Louise was more focused on her handiwork.

"Wow. Kinda hot." Cheshire finally said.

"You actually got it to work!?" Roulette shouted in excitement.

"Of course we did. Your shock in our genius is insulting." I said straightening my tie. I then noticed the temperature began to rise in the room again. I looked over at Volcana who was quickly thawing out.

"Well, genius, you tried to neutralize a meta-human with fire powers by freezing her. I doubt she'll be thrilled with that." Mercy said.

"You don't think I thought of that the second I had them freeze her? I merely wanted to hold her there for a second." I said before Volcana burst from her icy prison.

"Alright, hot shots! You're about to learn the hard way not to play with fire!" She said angrily.

"Relax, Volcana. You're amongst friends here." I stated.

"Friends don't freeze other friends!"

"No, but they do take care of certain super nuisances for each other." I said pointing at Supergirl.

"W-wait, did you guys take out the brat? How long was I frozen?"

"A little under 60 seconds."

"Bullshit."

"Alright you got me, it was more 1 minute, 11 seconds."

"There's no way that you took Supergirl down that quick with this little collateral to this... what is this place?"

"Mr. Luthor's underground lab. Or I guess my underground lab now and the headquarters of The Vicious Circle."

"Luthor has an underground lab?"

"Had. Again it's mine now that he's dead."

"I think I would've heard if Lex Luthor died."

"Well to be fair, I doubt news travels through the multiverse that fast."

"Multiverse? What?"

"Hehe, she doesn't even know about the multiverse... what's the multiverse?" I heard Cheshire whisper to Silver Banshee.

"Waitwaitwait, is that you Banshee? You look so much younger and surprisingly somehow more emo. And you're Mercy Graves. You look a lot different on tv, not going to lie."

"We have much to discuss, Volcana was it? But before that it would be rude for me to not introduce myself...

My name is (Y,N) (L,N) . Welcome to the beginning of the end of the Justice League."