Issue 5: Killer Queen Part 1: Under Pressure

I walked out of the room with Mercy, Cold, and Manta. Roulette seemed to be trying to salvage her relationship with the rest of The Legion before power walking to catch up to us with Star Sapphire. As we walked out Silver Banshee stood in front of me.

"Hey-"

"I heard everything." Silver Banshee said. "I want in. And I want Supergirl dead." Roulette scoffed.

"If you were really listening to everything then you would've heard the part where (Y,N) said he didn't want any C Lis-" Roulette began to say before Silver Banshee grabbed her with one hand by the throat and picked her up over her head.

"I'm not a C Lister." She simply said.

"Woah! Okay, point proven!" I said getting in between them. "We have more than enough space for you in the group!" Silver Banshee let go of Roulette, making her fall to her knees.

"Well isn't this a Motley Crew of maniacs." Captain Cold said. "The new richest man alive, the old richest man alive's sidekick, the grim reaper's teenage sister, harpoon man, a shady dealer, and a feminazi from cyberspace."

"Who are you calling a Feminazi?" Sapphire asked agitatedly.

"Did you really have to ask? Or do you deal cards when you're not wearing the dumb ring?" Cold asked.

"You wish you had a hand to wear the ring on!"

"Already, with the in fighting?" I asked.

"Luthor had it way worse. Two minutes in and I was willing to gut the clown like a fish." Black Manta said.

"Thank god him and his little groupie slut weren't here." Mercy said rolling her eyes.

"Mercy, tell me where to find our base of operations. I'll fly there myself when I have free time." Star Sapphire said.

"What a team player." I muttered sarcastically before I got a call on my phone. "Hello?"

"(Y,N) (L,N). Slade Wilson. Deathstroke."

"Weren't we just in the same-"

"How much are you willing to pay?"

"Well, as far as I understand, you're more of a contract type of guy than a sit and wait for something to happen guy. So how about I name the price when I need someone offed but for now, how much do you want so you don't work with anyone who associates with the Legion?"

"20 Grand."

"Wow. That's a small allowance considering the idiots I've had to deal with so far. I can do that."

"Pleasure doing business for you. We'll be in touch." Deathstroke said before the phone call ended. Immediately after I felt someone hitting me on the back.

"Call me an idiot will you!? A room full of meta human freaks hate me now and have a target on me and my business because of you and your big mouth and you call me an idiot!?" Roulette shouted.

"We should get you a gun." Is all I responded with.

"Star Sapphire went off somewhere. She'll contact us when she's ready." Mercy said.

"Great. Well we should see if there's anyone else in this waste dump worth inviting to the team." I said.

"All the remaining decent villains were either in that room or don't associate with the Legion. Have their own little gangs like Bane." Captain Cold said.

"Ugh, wonderful. Well, this should be enough for my planned mayhem." I said.

"There's one more thing I should mention before we continue, however." Captain Cold said.

"Oh yeah, and what's that?"

"I don't go on field anymore." Cold said showing off his hand.

"Perfect." I said groaning. "How did that happen anyway?" I asked.

"Killer Frost and that turncoat, Captain Boomerang." Cold said through gritted teeth. "A few months ago tried to do a little heist with Grodd and a couple of others. Called us the Society. Even got Poison Ivy and Bane on bored. Most of them are dead now. Thanks to a group of rogue villains- and no, not rogue in the good way. Deadshot and Killer Croc were there too just to name a few. After killing a majority of the Society they burned down Gorilla City and I was able to escape."

"So... what I'm hearing is I'm going to need a new freeze guy?" I asked. "I mean, I could definitely use someone like yourself by my side intellectually. If not you I might have to associate with that clown The Riddler. But I still need someone who can Ice when I need it."

"Oooh, why not Frosty?" Roulette suggested.

"Didn't you just hear him? Frost is one of the guys who cut off his hand." I said.

"Don't worry kid, you're still new to this." Cold said.

"There were three different Killer Frosts." Black Manta said. "The first one was Crystal Frost. She's been dead for years. Accidentally killed by Firestorm."

"The one who cut off my hand was Caitlin Snow. Our paths have crossed a few times but not many. I respect her. However she's never really been all that villainy. No one's heard of her since she was spotted at an Arkham Asylum break out about a month ago. Rumor is she's having a fling with some kid assassin from Gotham."

"However, there's still Louise Lincoln."

"The Coldest Bitch of them all." Captain Cold said.

"She brings Cold Hearted Killer to a whole nother level. She's the only one of the Frosts to ever join the Legion of Doom. Evil to the bone, but likes a paycheck. My kinda gal." Roulette said.

"However, no one's heard from her for the last year." Cold said.

"And has anyone gone looking for her?" I asked.

"No, no one has felt suicidal." Roulette said.

"Well I just boxed with a god and an immortal and I'm feeling relatively invincible today." I said with a smirk.

"Let's go get a Killer Queen."