Issue 3: Getting Down to Business Part 2

"So you're just gonna leave all this shit for me to find and not leave any instructions or anything?" I asked a framed picture of Mr. Luthor staring at me. I looked over at a wall to see a huge computer. It was like the size of something Bruce Wayne would buy. "Maybe he left some sort of blue prints on it or something." I said to myself as I looked through different files. That's when I found "Dear, (Y,N)." Video File. "Convenient." I said before I opened the file.

"Hello, (Y,N). I assume if you're seeing this it's either your birthday and I didn't feel like explaining all this technology to you or I've died and that level 6 intellect I've given you hasn't gone to waste and you were smart enough to find this message. I'm sure you have questions on what all these materials are. Well, (Y,N) I'd like to introduce you to your secret laboratory. As I know if I retire and die, you may not receive the loyalty of the Legion having no real experience in the realm of villainy. So hopefully if things go awry with the Legion, you can make your own. This machine which I can hopefully finish myself is the same one that brought the Crime Syndicate from Earth 3 to this world before Superman destroyed it. Although I wouldn't advise returning to Earth 3, you can use this portal to visit other worlds and convince other villains to join your own regime. Or if you don't have the patience, make devices to force them to. Or in a twist, get other world heroes to join your group. I'm sure you've also noticed the Lazarus Pit. That can be used to bring fallen allies back to life but I'm sure you're already aware of its unwanted side effects of insanity. Finally the orange tubes in the back are cloning chambers. Those can be used simply by placing dna of any kind into one of the control panels with the designated pods. It should take a week for any clone to fully develop and I've taken the liberty of gathering the dna for your first subject. In the cabinets in the back you'll notice a test tube filled with the blood of Eobard Thawne: The Reverse Flash. He was killed recently by a couple of unknowns while working with that buffoon Gorilla Grodd who is also dead. I'm sure he may be grateful for his life but he's a cold blooded murdered and a psychopath. Do not trust him as far as you can throw him even in the state he's in now. I suggest while he is being cloned, you come up with some sort of device to keep him in check. I'll leave you now to what ever plans you may have. I wish the best for you in the future." The video ended. I looked over to the inter dimensional portal.

"...So did he leave instructions or...?" I muttered to myself before groaning. "Whatever, I'll figure it out. But first off..." I said before walking over to the cabinets. To my surprise there were two vials in the cabinet. One labeled Reverse Flash and one had G something on it but it was crossed out and labeled "Mistake". "Well if I ever get bored I'll see what that is but until then... hello 'Eobard'." I said picking up his test tube. I walked over to one of the cloning tubes and inserted the test tube into a circular slot.

"Cloning Process Initiated." The machine said. "Alright, seven days before he's done... now... what the devil am I supposed to do about you?" I asked myself looking at the portal.

. . .

"Zzzzzzz"

"...n)..."

"Zzzzzz"

"...(y,n)..."

"Zzzzzz"

"(Y,N)!" I jumped up and hit my head on the portal.

"Ow!" I looked over and saw Roulette standing in the middle of the room. "How did you get into my super secret laboratory?" I asked.

"I was trying to find your room in this damn maze and ended up finding Lex's room with a huge secret-looking door open."

"Okay, follow up: how did you get into Mr. Luthor's underground base?"

"Lexi's invited me here a couple of times." Roulette said. "Now wake up its time to go."

"Oh yeah... Legion." I said.

"Well... not exactly."

"Huh?" That's when I noticed Roulette was wearing a red suit with a short skirt. Kinda like a slutty secretary.

"Oh, honey, did you already forget? You're not just some big bad super villain now. You're also the CEO of Lex Corp. Time to address the press about the state of it." Roulette said.

"And Why are you dressed like that?"

"Well you're also going to hire me as your new secretary, duh. While Mercy was ranting about you she mentioned you probably have no idea how to run a company, especially one of this size."

"And you do?"

"I know how to make money, sweetie." She said with a smirk, adjusting her glasses. "So, hop to it! And wash your face or something. I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't tell you you look like shit." Roulette said before walking off. I groaned before getting up and getting ready.

. . .

"FYI, they'll probably ask you all about Lex's *ahem* escapades. I hope you've planned for that." Roulette said.

"Of course I have." I said as we walked to our seats. I sat through the boring introductions with a polite smile on my face and then I noticed some familiar faces in the crowd. Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, and Clark Kent. Superman. Who the hell invited him? "I suppose it is a press event. Only makes sense they'd send him." I muttered.

"Wha!? Huh?" Roulette jumped up. She must've dozed off.

"Don't worry about it." I said. I didn't want to risk saying it out loud again, super hearing and all.

"So without further ado, The New CEO of Lex Corporations: (Y,N) (L,N)!" Whoever the hell was introducing me said. I got up to applause to my surprise, but I still kept my humble manner.

"Thank you, thank you. But please, hold your applause." I said as I approached the stand. "I know I have big shoes to fill, as well as a big debt to pay back to... well, the world. I hope to use my new resources to make the world a better place." I wasn't lying. Once I got rid of those Justice Losers the world would be a better place. "Me and my associate will do everything in our power to make Lex Corp. one of the most lucrative organizations in the world once again." I pointed at Roulette. "Now, are there any questions?" Immediately I heard a shrill and annoying voice.

"Lois Lane! Reporter for the Daily Planet! I'm curious how you exactly obtained such a position in a company of more than enough public figures that would be better suited for the job? As someone who's been around almost every and I mean every building owned by Lex Corp., I'd like to ask why they weren't given the job over someone who has allegedly worked with the company for years but is still somehow a nobody to the public eye?"

"Well it's quite simple: I worked directly under Mr. Luthor. In those years I successfully made him believe I was just as maniacal as he was and in turn he treated me like a son he never had."

"And you share none of his ideologies? Specifically speaking, his ones about meta humans and alien life forms?" Someone else asked. Superman to be specific. What an egomaniac. Alright let's play your game for now...

"What is your name sir?" I asked.

"Clark Kent. Daily Planet, sir." He responded.

"Ah. I had heard many things from Mr. Luthor about you. And of you as well, Ms. Lane. But let me be frank: Lex Luthor was an obsessive psychopath too smart for his own good. Hell, that's what got him killed. I share none of his views on any matter." I said. To my surprise Superman raised an eyebrow.

"I have a strange suspicion you're lying..." Superman said. How the...? I don't show any of the telltale signs of lying that the average human shows. No sweatiness, clammy palms, shifty eyes- hell, I'm so confident in my lying that my heartbeat doesn't rise... or does it?

"And you said you manipulated Lex Luthor? Lex... Luthor?" Lois Lane asked. These nosy Planet Peasants are getting on my nerves...

"And if you don't mind me asking, that associate of your's, is that formerly wanted criminal, Roulette? How can you trust her in a company of this magnitude given her record?" Superman asked. Things are starting to spiral out of control now. I quickly tried to think of a way to settle down those nimrods as cameras started to flash in my face before I felt someone pulling me away from the podium.

"Alright, shows over! If anyone else has any questions for Mr. (L,N) you will ask me for permission to ask him such questions! Got it!?" Mercy shouted.