Chapter 8

I have a surprise for you!! Please make sure to check out the authors' note at the end ;)

2021

"Good movie," Pragya said.

"Mmhmm, perfect blend of comedy and tragedy," Shreya replied with a laugh.

"Agreed!" I said.

"Nah, it was predictable," Anquit said.

"And why is that?" Shreya raised an eyebrow at him.

"It's always the heroine, no big deal. I don't get why he was so surprised."

"I second that," Rohit pitched in.

"Because he trusted her and she broke it. He was bound to be shocked." Pragya said for all of us.

"I agree," Vishal said.

"Well, if you guys say so; in my 24 years of life, if there's anything I have learnt, it's not to trust people blindly," Anquit replied.

"That's on your trust issues then," Shreya said.

"Indeed, it may be." Anquit shrugged at her.

We were all at the Infiniti Mall in Andheri. Work had been going smoothly for a week and Mrs. Sabharwal had let us leave super-early today. Since Pragya's job allowed her the freedom to leave whenever as long as she worked late to cover up on other days, she could join us too. We decided to go watch a movie followed by dinner since we all had a lot of time on our hands. The plan was so impromptu that we decided to just go to the theater and watch the movie that was playing next. Even if it was a flop. That would give us all a funny memory. The one we did end up watching, however, wasn't. We'd gotten out of the theater just now, and were discussing the plot of the movie.

Just then, a phone started ringing. It was Anquit's.

"I got to take this," He said as he walked a few metres away. We all stood there in a circle, making sure we weren't blocking the way for other people, and waited for him to finish so we could go have dinner. All of us were too lazy to leave the mall so the food court would have to do.

Just then, Anquit came back. He had the phone in his hand, a little away from his ears, as if he and the person he was talking to weren't done yet.

"Yo, Pragya, remember I'd told you you'd get to meet my fiancee soon? Well, she wants to meet all my friends."

He asked all of us, well, the three of us mainly. I guess his colleagues have already met her and wouldn't mind. "Wait, now?" Pragya's eyes widened in shock.

"Yea, if it isn't too much trouble, she could join us for dinner..."

"No, of course not, we'd love to. So she's coming here?" Shreya said.

"Yeah, I guess. She's currently caught up a little at work but she said she can join us soon."

"Oh, that's great!" I replied with a shrug.

I could feel his gaze on me as he resumed talking to his fiancee. I looked at him and gave him a smile, which he returned. Once he had told her that we were fine with her joining us, we headed to the food court.

A while later, Anquit's phone rang again, he picked it up and started looking around; I guess she's here. Just then, we saw a woman walking towards our table. she smiled at all of us. Anquit got up to hug her, asking her,

"Yaha pahunchne mai koi dikkat toh nahi hui?" (Hope you didn't have any trouble in reaching here)

She nodded her head in denial before pulling a chair and sitting down.