Chapter 13

2014

It was lunch break now. Physics had been our previous period and ma'am had extended the period, taking up almost ten minutes of our lunch break. We had begged her to teach whatever she was teaching tomorrow because no one was going to pay attention anyways but she wasn't having it. I pulled out my tiffin as everyone else in the group gathered around the table. I knew Anquit would turn up soon. I was ecstatic to see him again. Five minutes later, he strolled into the classroom. I honestly had no idea how he always finished his lunch so fast. And then he would come looking for more food in our tiffins.

He sat down opposite me and grinned at all of us.

"Hey, you guys!"

"Hi!"

"Heyy!"

"Hi sup!"

They all responded while I just rolled my eyes, smiling internally.

Had to keep up the pretense.

"Hiii Ish!"

He said specifically to me as I hadn't replied to him earlier.

"Byyyeee!" I replied, trying my best to keep a straight face.

"Why must you do this to me," He fake sulked.

It was taking everything in me to not laugh at how adorable he looked with his lips pulled into a frown as I rolled my eyes in response.

"Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a head back there," He said, leaving me dumbfounded.

Wow

"Heyy! That's...actually a good one!"

"I know, I know, I'm great!"

"Whatever, one thing's for sure, you're not getting my lunch today." I should not have said that. Dammit, I should not have said that. Lol, I felt like Hagrid right now. Now he'll definitely have my lunch. If I hadn't said that there was a 10% chance that he won't touch my food. That just became -10%.

Well, I didn't really mind anyway.

"Ooh, you've got something nice for lunch today! Yayyyy!"

"Like I'm giving you," I teased.

"Ohho! What've you got for lunch?" Pragya chimed in.

"Pav bhaji,"

"Damn wow, forget you brought any lunch today Ish, we're gonna eat it all!" Kriansh joked.

"Yeah, Tiffin khol madam," Kanak said. (Open your tiffin)

"What part of 'I won't share my tiffin' do you guys not get?"

"Every single syllable," Pragya cheeked at me.

I sighed in defeat, knowing there will be no way out of this one today. I was becoming a softie gradually and I did not know how I felt about that.

"I dug my own grave didn't I?" I asked no one in particular.

"Yes," Anquit laughed at my despair.

I finally opened my tiffin. And within seconds, it was nearly empty.

Definitely saw that coming.

Just then, someone kicked my leg under the table, not too hard, just a slight shove, taking me by surprise. I looked up, examining everyone's faces, trying to figure out who it had been, only to see Anquit looking at the wall on our side, trying to hide a smile while the others remained lost in conversation. I knew it was him by his expression. I kicked him back lightly, smiling to myself.