Chapter 5.

Emery's P.O.V
"So Ricky, do you think I should ask her?  I'm pretty sure she likes me."  I was still at Liam's house with Brooke, Liam, Tam, and Ricky.  Elka had left about half an hour ago, and I called to make sure she made it home safe.  "I don't know, are you sure she likes you back?  I mean, she is a regulation hottie, I've met tons of guys who have a crush on her, and would literally give up anything to be with her."  Tam looked at Ricky, "You liked her before didn't you, babe?"  Ricky started to blush and smiled at her, "Aww you know I love you."  He kissed her on the cheek.  Even though they were so young, you could tell there was something real between Tam and Rick.  They were always saying how much they love eachother, and he would always tell her she was beautiful on a daily basis.  He had already given her a promise ring, so it was pretty obvious they were made for eachother.  I was sick of being the only single guy in our group of friends, so I had to ask her.  She was so beautiful, her long, light brown hair and her GORGEOUS eyes.  We had known eachother for a long time, and Ive always kind of liked her.  She had dated some of my friends before, like Aidan.  They were together for a long time, but it ended soon enough, when she was sick of him.  Yeah it was kind of a jerky move, but she was sobeautiful, and it wasn't something she would usually do.  I couldn't picture her doing it to me.  After all, she was one of Brooke's friends, so they would have no problem with hanging out with her.  
"EMERY!  SHE'S CALLING YOU!"  Ricky through my phone at me.  I panicked, she's calling me.  Okay, be cool Emery.  Just ask her out and get over with it.  "Ahem, hello?"  "Hey Emery, I've missed you."  Her sweet, harmonic voice spoke down the phone.  "Hey, so listen, I've liked you for a while, and I was wondering if you wanted to-" "Oh yes Emery!  I've been waiting for this!"  I sighed a sigh of relief, "Wow, um okay, well-"  "Oh Emery I have to go, I'll text you."  And she hung up.  I set my phone down and looked at Ricky and Liam.  "Well?"  Ricky asked.  "Guys... I am DATING TERESA BRADLEY!"  "YES!"  I high fived both of them.  "But you were supposed to ask Elka out, I mean, you guys kissed last night.  I looked at Brooke, "Are you kidding?  That kiss didn't mean anything.  It was a dare, I mean... I'm dating Teresa Bradley!"  Tam and Brooke both looked really dissapointed.  "What?"  Tam shook her head.  "I better get going, I have an orthadontics appointment."  She got up and left, "Yeah, I'm going with her."  Brooke sayed, as if she were trying to think of any excuse to leave, and she left with Tam.  "I'm happy for you man."  Ricky sayed, patting me on the back.  Liam nodded, "Yeah, me too."  It was silent for a few minutes.  "Why Teresa though?"  Ricky asked, breaking the silence.  "What do you mean?  I thought you were happy for me..."  He shook his head, "No, you know, I'm not.  She's a jerk.  She's cheated on Aidan, and broke you two apart."   That was true.  Aidan was my best friend, but because of Teresa, we're not anymore.  "You and Elka man, you and Elka was supposed to happen."  "I don't like Elka."  "But you could, you just wont giver her a chance."  He was getting on my nerves now.  I repeated, "I don't like Elka."  Liam stepped in, "Teresa is rude as hell man, she ruins friendships, she's a player, Elka is everything she's not-"  "I DON'T LIKE ELKA!"  I had just let it all out.  For the last time, I had just gotten a new girlfriend, one of the hottest girls in the whole world, my friends are not happy for me whatsoever, and still want me to get together with somebody I had no interest in.  "I-"  I looked at Liam and Ricky, "I'm sorry I just-"  I stood up, "I have to go."  I walked out of Liam's house and drove home.  As I was driving I was thinking about everything.  About me and Aidan when we were younger, how we had grown up together, all the memories we shared, all the secrets, was all ruined my now girlfriend.  She had totally detroyed our bromance.  At the time, I didn't think I would ever stop crying...
*Flashback*
Emery's P.O.V
"Emery?"  I turned around and saw Aidan, I had been looking everywhere for him.  "Aidan!"  I ran up and hugged him, but he didn't hug back.  He backed away.  "Wha- what's wrong?"  I asked him, shocked at the fact that my best friend in the whole world wasn't reacting to my signs of affection.  "Listen Emery, we need to talk."  We sat down on the bench together.  We were outside at the park, and you could tell it was about to rain.  "When we were younger, and we we did everything together, do you ever... miss that?"  I took a deep breath.  Ever since Aidan had started going out with Teresa, we had been growing apart.  I nodded slowly, looking him in the eye.  "I would give anything for that back, Aidan."  I felt a single drop of rain on my forehead, it was starting.  "Listen Emery, we will never have that back again."  I felt a great, big shock shoot up my spine.  "What?  Aidan, wh- why?"  "I was talking with Teresa, and..."  Don't say it, don't say it's because of Teresa.  "She told me about you, and she's known you a lot longer than I have."  That was true, her mom and my mom had known eachother for years, and we had known eachother since birth practically.  "What did she say.   What did she tell you."  "We just, can't be friends anymore.  I'm not comfortable with being around you anymore."  Oh crap, did Aidan think I was gay?  "What?  Tell me waht she said!"  He stood up and started walking away.  That's when the rain started pouring.  "AIDAN!"  He turned around, "Just leave me alone Emery.  I have nothing against you, but I'm just not comfortable with it."  I stood up and walked towards him until our faces we're just inches from eachother, "Listen to me Aidan,"  I said quietly, "I don't care what that bitch said, you are my best friend, and I can't lose you."  He stepped back, "WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST TELL ME EMERY?!"  And he walked away.  I felt my eys start burning.  Tears literally falling faster than the rain.  After that day, it never stopped.  The bullying, everyday.  I would go to school only hoping that I wouldn't come home with another bruise on my body.  Only hoping for one day without being harassed.  I couldn't stand it, because of this girl, my life was a living hell, until my parents finally took me out of school and I started taking online classes.  I still didn't know why Aidan just left me though.  He knew I wasn't gay.  He knew it.  Everyday he would walk past me as I was being held up against a wall, and he would look at me with this look of pity in his eyes, like he wanted to save me, but he never did.  And that's when it hit me, it wasn't Adian that didn't want to be my best friend anymore.  It was all Teresa.  She was the evil girl who purposely ruined my life just so Aidan could be all for her.  Eventually she cheated on him with somebody else, and Aidan and I fell out of touch, so I never really got to bond with him again.  And that's when I met Ricky.  He.  Saved.  My.  Life.
*Back to now*
Thinking about the dark times made me start to tear up in my car.  Why in the hell was I with this girl?  I just asked her out today, completely clueless about all the pain and misery she caused me in middle school.  How she ruined my life and because of her, I lost my best friend.  What was I thinking?  I picked up my phone, "Hello, Teresa?"  "Hi Emery, I missed you."  "Listen, do you have Aidan's number?"  "Why do you want Aidan's number?  He ditched you remember?"  "It wasn't until now did I realize that you are the girl who single handidly ruined my life.  So I was pretty damn stupid for taking you in."  "Emery, we haven't even been dating a day."  I laughed, "Well you're probably with some other boy right now, so bye now."  I hung up.  I felt good, even though she was the most beautiful girl in the world, Elka was prettier.  And even though she was the sexiest girl you'll ever meet, Elka was sexier.  And she would give you everything you ever wanted, she wouldn't be ashamed to make-out with you in public, I could picture Elka being more satisfying, and I couldn't wait to start going out with Elka.  I was wrong at Liam's house.  I did like Elka.  She was so pretty, and funny, and I was going to take her to watch the ball drop.
But first...
I had to fix things with Aidan.
~
~
~
Hey y'all//
So this was a looooong chapter and you're probably wondering why Emery sttarted goin out with Teresa and broke up with her in the same day.  Well, the reson will come up late in the story, you'll have to wait ;) ;) *wink wink*
And btw I have absolutely NOTHING against gays.  I am not a homophobe, I think it's a-ok, I just needed a reason for them to lose friendship, and I thought this would be the easiest way, being thousands of kids across Americe get bullied daily for being gay, Including some boys in my school.  I wanted to say, we all need to start standing up for kids being bullied for their sexuality.  It's NOT ok.  I believe that everybody should be allowed to be who they are, and like who they like.  So, I just wanted to say, I will always be there for each and every one of you.  ^_^ ILY ALL thanks for reading!  and if you read all this don't forget to vote and leave comments!! :3