Chapter 1.

Elka's P.O.V
"Hey Elka, it's Brooke. There's something we should talk about. Call me back when you can."
It wasn't until an hour later I got Brooke's voicemail. she probably won't be mad, after all, she always has something to do. It's not like she was even going to remember sending that voicemail, unless it was something important.
I called her back anyways.
"Hello? Oh my gosh Elka, something just happened, well more like an hour ago, but you'll never guess!" Let me guess, I thought to myself, Liam is taking you to watch the ball drop in NYC this New Years.
"I don't know, what?" I said blankly. "Liam is taking me to watch the ball drop in NYC this New Years!!" Wow, I must be a genius. "Really?! That's great!" I know I sound sarcastic, but Brooke is my best friend, she is literally one of the only people who can talk to me for like 7 hours straight and not get on my nerves. "I know! But, we're not going alone. We wanna take some people." I should've just hung up then. I knew what was coming. "Elka, come with us. Please? Your my best friend and I don't want to go without you." I sighed. There it was. "Brooke, I would like to remind you I'm kind of, single." She laughed for a second then started to speak again. "Oh Elka, come by Liam's house tonight at six. We're all getting together for a little party. You should come. bye for now!!" Before I could even respond Brooke hung up, assuming I was going to come. I guess I would go, it couldn't be that bad. After all, Brooke and Liam were my two best friends, I had known Brooke since we were 4, and when she started going out with Liam, that automatically made him a new best friend. And then when Liam joined Forever In Your Mind, that meant making more friends. Ricky was pretty cool. We hung out a couple of times. Emery, well we don't exactly get along that well, but I try to be nice.
-3 hours later-
5:30 pm, I started getting ready for Brooke's 'party'. I put on my Arctic Monkeys crop and a pair of black high-waisted shorts. I slipped on my black Vans and quickly fishtailed my dark, brown hair. I didn't care for makeup, it wasn't flattering on me, so I choose not to wear it when I'm out with my friends. It didn't matter anyways, I'm the plain Jane of our group. They don't agree, but I think I am.
I walked outside with my phone in hand and started walking down the sidewalk. I didn't have my drivers license yet, so I had to walk. Liam didn't live far, just a few blocks away. Plus, it was summer, it was great for walking.
I was about 1/3 of the way there, a light blue Camaro slowed down beside me. I looked in the window which was rolling down. "Hey there. On your way to Liam's house?" It was Emery. Of course it was him. Like I said before, even though he was an obnoxious loser, I try to be nice. "Yeah, I am." I smiled and started walking again. He drove beside me for another 10 seconds before he yelled out, "You wanna a ride?" I looked at him for a second then shrugged and opened the door. Even though we don't get along, we still don't completely hate each other. He's aware of the fact that I think he's obnoxious, and I'm aware of the fact that he thinks I'm boring, but even though we know that, we choose not to talk about it. He still teases me, mainly the reason I think he's obnoxious.
"So Elk, how was hunting season." He said as he started to drive. "Haha, you're hilarious." He looked and me smirking, he always made fun of my name. The day we met, he thought he was so clever when he said, 'Elka! Like and Elk! HAHA YOU'RE AN ELK!'
"Come on Elk, loosen up. You're always so serious." I rolled my eyes, "No I'm not, you just haven't seen my good side." He laughed, "Ooo Elka's good side, I wonder what it's like." I sighed and leaned back in my seat. I didn't say another word for the rest of the trip. Neither did Emery. The trip took a lot longer when we weren't talking, but finally, a long 5 minutes later we got to Liam's house. When he parked we just looked out the window for a minute. then Emery said, "I thought this was a party." Exactly what I was thinking. There were two cars parked, which looked like Ricky's and Brooke's. "Oh joy, it's a get-together." I said opening the car door. We both got out and started walking towards the door together. Before we even got to the front Liam opened the door and welcomed us in. "Wow you guys, you came together?" Liam said sarcastically. I just walked in, ignoring Liam. Him and Ricky have this thing, where they always try to get one of us to admit liking each other. Which would never happen of course, because it's not true. "ELKA!" Brooke, who was sitting on the couch, was now walking towards me with open arms. "Hi." I said hugging her. "Ricky and Tam are downstairs. Sorry it's not really a party like I said but, still it's a get-together." I looked back at Emery, only to see him and Liam walking downstairs. I turned back to Brooke, she smiled and said, "Shall we?" I nodded and we both walked downstairs together.