Chapter 4.

"Emery." That was the only word I could remember at that moment. "Emery, Emery, Em-" I looked around. I was in a hospital bed, in a completely white room. Nothing was there. Nobody, where was everything? "Emery?" Then a nurse walked in. She looked like, Brooke? Okay this was weird. "Hi, honey." She had a tray with needles on it, to it looked like she was going to inject me with something. "Emery, Emery." "We talked to the doctors, that's all you've been Saying for the past 4 weeks!" 4 weeks? Had it been that long. "Where is Emery?" She looked at me confused, "Sorry, but you were the only one in the car. I don't know who Emery is." "Ohh Emery!" I felt tears burn in my eyes, this was it. Where was Emery? Where was I? The Brooke look-alike nurse smiled at me. "Haha look at her." "What?" "I feel bad, you should stop." "Wait, what?" I asked again. This was weird, it sounded like she was talking to someone else, not me. But I was the only person there, literally besides the nurse, I was the only person there. "Emery? Where is Emery. I- I need him." The nurse started to laugh. Then she leaned in close, and started to shake me uncontrollably. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Then I noticed something. I wasn't where I thought I was. I closed my eyes, then opened them. Oh crap, I had fallen asleep at Liam's.
I focused my eyes and saw that Emery was sitting right over me.
"Mornin." I sat up confused. I looked at my phone and saw it was 9:30 am. Crap, I slept over. I looked around and saw Brooke was sitting next to Liam, the were snuggled up watching tv. "You were talking in your sleep." "Oh dear..." He started to laugh. "Um, just to make sure, did we get into a car crash?" He looked at me confused, "No, we all stayed over night. Oh by the way, my name sounds cute while you're screaming it at 7:00 am." I felt my face flush. That sounded really inappropriate, but it was just Emery pointing out that I was in fact screaming his name at 7:00 am. I ran my fingers through my messy braid, "Oh no." Emery got up and sat down on a bean bag. I decided this was a very awkward moment for everyone, so I got up and walked to the bathroom. I locked the door and looked into the mirror. I looked like actual crap. My hair was messy, my tiny bit of eyeliner was smudged all over. this was embarrassing. I mean, I was screaming Emery's name in my sleep. I used my fingers to comb my hair and throw it up into a messy bun. I cleaned the eyeliner off my face and walked back outside into the lounge. "EMERY!" Ricky was mocking me, "EMERY, EMERY!" "Shut up Ricky," I shot him an evil glare. "Haha I would totally ship you two." Tam said, adding another person who was getting on my nerves. I looked at Emery, he didn't seem to bothered. Well, I had been thinking about Emery, since the kiss, but I don't think I like him. He didn't seem like boyfriend material to me, like, I don't know he just didn't seem right for me. I looked at the time, it was almost 10:00. "I should probably go." I said grabbing my phone and slipping my vans on. "Aww why?" Brooke said, looking up at me. "I need a shower, and, I don't know my mom doesn't know I slept over, so I should probably go home." "Okay, bye!" One by one everyone stood up to give me a hug. Brooke, then Liam, then Tam, then Ricky. Emery just looked at me, he lifted his eyebrows and smiled a small smile. "Come Emery, give her some!" Ricky said, pushing him into me. we awkwardly hugged for a few seconds, then I waved, "Bye everyone!" and walked upstairs to leave.
-15 minutes later-
"I'M HOME!" I yelled as I entered my house. I walked into my room and lasted down on my bed. I just sat there for a few minutes, thinking about yesterday, and today. What the heck was going on with me? I had my first kiss with Emery Kelly. We didn't like each other, so why should I have had my first with him?
*ringtone goes off*
My phone started ringing, so I checked the caller ID only to see it was Emery. "Hey." "Hi Elk. Just wanted to make sure you made it home safe." "Oh um, yeah. I'm fine." I heard him let out a deep breath. "Okay, good. So um, see you later, I guess." I laughed for a second, "Yeah, see you later." Then he hung up. Wow, that was really thoughtful. That wasn't usually like Emery, he never called to make sure I made it home safely. Maybe someone made him, kind of like how they made us hug. Which, wasn't a big deal I mean, hugging is hugging. But it was more the way they were telling him to. "Come on Emery, give her some!" Ricky's voice repeated in my head. It was obvious they wanted us to become more than friends. They wanted us to "DATE!" I said out loud, my mom walked passed my door and looked at me, "What sweety?" I shook my head subtly. "Nothing, never-mind." She walked away and I thought for a minute. If Emery did like me, he would've said something, I mean, he's very upfront about stuff. I decided it's better to remain friends, I mean, what if we dated, then broke up. It could ruin our friendship. Not jut me and Emery's but, everyone else's too. this was stupid, just don't think about the silly boy. He's just a friend.
But I didn't want to be just a friend.
I wanted to be a girlfriend.