Chapter 9.

Elka's P.O.V

It was the night of Mason's party and Emery is picking me up soon. I want to make sure I look perfect, so the for the first time in a really long time, I put on a bit of makeup, more than usual. I had my usual light eyeliner and mascara on my eyes, but I also added a bit of green eye shadow. I dabbed on some blush and light pink lipstick. I thought it looked pretty good. I had my mom help me do a Dutch-braided bun. For once, I actually looked beautiful. My hair was done and so was my makeup. I put on my teal bikini and put a floral sundress on over it. I packed extra clothes and some sunscreen. I grabbed my phone and ran downstairs. I looked out the window and saw Emery pulling up into the driveway. "BYE MOM! I LOVE YOU!" I walked out the door and got into Emery's car.
"My goodness Elk, look at you! You're gorgeous!" I laughed nervously. Part of me was trying to impress him, and it appeared I succeeded. "Thanks Emery." We pulled into the drive of a large, white house with a few people standing in front of it. We got out of the car and Emery took my hand as we walked to the door. There was a sign reading, 'Back Yard, meet there.' We walked into the backyard and saw loads of people all standing in or around a large 0-shaped pool. There was a tiki bar with a tender and some tables. "Looks very Hawaiian." Emery said as we were walking. I nodded as I saw a tall, red-haired boy walking towards us. "Hey Mason!" Emery did some weird secret hand-shake with him. "Hey Elka! Haven't seen you in a while! How are you?" I started small conversation with Mason when Emery left to change into his swimsuit. A couple minutes later I changed into mine and we both got into the pool. "Well Elk, here we are."  Emery put his arm around me and kissed my forehead.  Then we saw Ricky was coming.  "FINALLY!  AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!  GUYS!  LOOK!"  Ricky was pointing at us, he was followed by Tam, Brooke, and Liam.  They all jumped in the pool after us yelling things like, 'I ship it!' and 'Elkery'.  We laughed as they all swam towards us.  "So, Emery are you two official yet?"  Ricky asked, lifting his eyebrows.  "Well, not exactly."  Emery responded, moving his arm from around my shoulders to next to him.  "What are you waiting for?  Ask her!"  Liam and Ricky started pushing us towards each other.  "Fine, fine."  Emery looked down into the water, then at me.  "Elka, I've liked you for a while now, and I know you like me.  Let's just make them happy."  I laughed for a second while looking into his eyes.  "Elka, will you go out with me?"  "OOOOOHHHHH!!!"  Liam and Ricky went crazy splashing water and making waves and a ton of noise.  "Guys, shut up!"  Brooke yelled and they both went silent.  I looked into Emery's eyes and grabbed his hand.  "Yes."  "OOHH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY SINCE THE STONE AGE!"  Again, they went insane.  "Well, I guess we're dating now?"  I laughed at Emery's remark.  "Yes, I guess we are."  We stood up in the shallower part of the pool, so it was about waist high.  Emery grabbed me around my waist and pulled me close.  "Hey, girlfriend."  He said and pulled me into another kiss.  Ricky, Liam, Tam, and Brooke all watched in awe as they saw me and Emery kissing.  They thought it was our first real kiss, but they were wrong.  Boy, were they wrong.  We pulled away and Emery whispered in my ear, "Let me take you home with me tonight."  I looked at him funny, "What?  We just started dating let's not rush these things."  I admit, I was shocked that he would say something like that.  He laughed at me, obviously there was something I didn't know.  "Not like that Elk, just to stay over.  I promise, nothing will happen."  I looked around at everyone, then back at Emery.  "Oh, alright."  "Yes!"  He said, pumping his fist, followed by a high five from Ricky and Liam.  "Let's go get food."  Emery took my hand and we walked out of the pool to get some food.
 Before I knew it, 4 short hours later, the party was over and I was driving with Emery to his house to spend the night.  "Are you sure your okay with this Elk?  Because if you're not I'll take you home."  "No, no I want to stay over with you.  I mean, we've slept over before at Liam and Ricky's house, and plus Liam and Brooke and Ricky and Tam are always staying at each other's houses.  What's the harm?"  He looked at me and smiled.  "Okay, if you don't have pajamas, you can borrow some from my sister.  We'll sleep in the basement with the monster lovsac."  I nodded and closed my eyes the rest of the way to his house.  After all, it was almost 1:00 am.  
We got to Emery's house and I changed into a pajama top (borrowed from his sister) legging, and some ankle socks.  We went downstairs and got cuddled up on the lovesac and turned on 'The Notebook'.  It was so nice being all cuddled up with him, watching this sappy romantic film all alone in the basement.  He kissed me on the forehead again.  Followed by a kiss on the cheek, then to the side of the mouth, then my mouth.  Before I knew it, we were lost in the lovesac, cuddled up, watching 'The Notebook', kissing, and he had his hands in my shirt and- wAIT WHAT!?  I pulled away and stood up.  "Sorry, I promise, hands to myself."  He put his hands up and I sat back down.  This was gonna be a long night.  -_-
++++