Chapter 10.

Emery's P.O.V
I woke up snuggled up to Elka.  She was still asleep.  I nudged her a little, "Elk, babe wake up."  Her eyes fluttered open.  "Good morning babe."  I said to her, but she just laid her head back down and closed her eyes.  "Elka, wake up."  I shook her this time, but she still wouldn't get up.  "Whatever."  I stood up and walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.  I looked through all the cupboards and in the fridge but couldn't seem to find anything.  I decided to go get something to eat at Mcdonalds, but I wanted Elka to come with me.  I walked back into where she was sleeping, but thankfully she wasn't sleeping anymore, she was up on her phone.  "Hey Elk, I'm going to Mcdonalds for breakfast.  You coming?"  She nodded and got up.  
We got into the car and were on our way.  She hadn't said much.
"So,  did you have a good time at the party?"  I asked her, trying to start conversation.
"Yeah it was alright.  Parties aren't usually my thing so..."
I just nodded my head as we pulled into McDonald's.  I unbuckled and got out of the car, followed by Elka.  
"Yeah I'll have 2 Egg McMuffins and 2 hash-browns."   I ordered from one of the many disgusting members of the LA McDonald's staff.  I waited like, 10 minutes until they actually threw my food at me.  Man, I hat morning McDonald's.
I walked to the seat where Elka was saving and put the food down.  I just bit into my muffing when Elka's phone started ringing.  "Sorry Emery, I gotta take this."  She put the phone to her ear right before she burst into tears.
Elka's P.O.V
So Emery basically pulled me out of bed to go to McDonald's with him for breakfast.  I hate McDonald's, especially their breakfast menus, but I like Emery, so I went.  
When we got there I told him what I wanted and sat down.  I start going through my text messages, the ones that I ignore in the mornings.  Usually in the mornings from my mom either asking where I am or what time I'll be home.  I pulled up my messages and saw 13 new messages from Mama Bear.
Mama Bear: Elka where r u

Where r u

Elka please call me

Elka this is an emergency call me asap

Please answer Elka

Elka now this is serious...

I started to feel a lump in my throat that was nearly impossible to swallow.  I texted her back, Call me when you see this.

Emery walked over with the food right when my phone started ringing.  "Hello?  Mom what's wrong?"  She sounded like she was either sick or she'd been crying non-stop for hours on end.

"Elka, I need you to come home now.  Right Now."
"Why what's wrong?"
I was answered with a wail of tears and sobbing.  I had only heard my mom cry like this once before, and that was at my Grandpa's funeral.
"Elka, where are you right now?"
"I'm at McDonald's with Emery, why?"
"Can he give you a ride home?  Or do I have to pick you up?"
She still wasn't telling me why she was calling me or why she was crying.
"Mom, tell me what's wrong."
"Elka, I just need you to be with us right now.  I don't know how to tell you this Elka..."
At that moment, I burst into tears before she even said the rest.  I knew what she was going to say.  They were words I had feared most to hear. 

"Elka, your brother died this morning."
*
*
*
*
;-; guys this chapter probably doesn't make sense now but it will all fall into place soon.  And again, thank you all for the lovely comments you've been leaving me:D))  They make my day so much better thank you all<333