Chapter 11.

Elka's P.O.V
My brother Cory was diagnosed with terminal cancer when he was 3. That was 3 years ago. When he was first diagnosed, they said he would only live 5 months, but he fought through it. We called him Pug, which was short for pugnator, which is fighter in Latin. Not only was he my baby brother, he was also my best friend. When I got that call from my mom, that was the worst moment of my life. My little Pug, gone forever.
I didn't even say anything before I started crying, I just threw my face into my hands and started wailing.
"Alright Elk, I'm taking you home." Emery said before he grabbed my hand and led me to the car. He drove me home without saying a word, until we parked. "Listen Elka, whatever it is, I'm here for yo-" "It's my baby brother, he didn't make it through the surgery." I couldn't bear to look at him, so I said thanks and walked inside where my mother was. 
Tears falling down my face as I stared into her emotionless face, I started to scream.
"CORY!  BABY WAKE UP!  PLEASE!"
My mother looked up at me, "Elka, please, wake up."  I opened my eyes only to realize I was dreaming. 
I looked around and found myself in Emery's car.  I must've fallen asleep again.
"Elk!  Are you okay?  You were screaming and crying in your sleep."  I looked at my phone and found 0 messages.  "Yeah I just, had a really bad dream that my brother was, you know what..."  I pulled out my phone again and called my mom. 
"Hello?  Elka?"  "Hi mom.  Can I talk to Pug?"  I heard shuffling, after a small voice, "Hello?"  "Pug!  Hi buddy how are you?"  "I'm good Elka, I miss you."  "I miss you too babe, I'm coming home soon okay?  I'll take you to the zoo and we'll go out to eat and-"  We pulled up to McDonalds.  Emery got out and opened the door for me.  "I have to go Pug, I'll call you later."  He told me he loved me before hanging up.  I couldn't be happier that my baby brother was safe.  After we ordered our food we sat down and I explained the dream to him.  "I don't know, I've been having a lot of strange dreams lately.  I feel like something's wrong, like, I don't know.  Almost every night I have a dream of losing someone I love, or even losing myself."  I said as I thought about last nights dream and the car crash one.  "Have you ever thought about seeing someone about it?  Maybe a therapist or a counselor or something?"  Emery suggested I get seen to, I had to agree.  The dreams were strange and I can't help myself. 
We finished our food and as we were driving home I decided to invite Emery to come with Pug and I.  "We're going to the zoo and maybe a lil' shopping.  He was telling me he wanted to go see the Penguins soon so I promised him a couple weeks ago I would take him soon, so I guess today.  You wanna come?"  He nodded his head, "I would love to come."
•Later that day•
Emery's P.O.V
Elka, Pug, and I were driving to the zoo.  I knew how much he meant to Elka, and she means a lot to me.  As we were driving, we were listening to Air Supply, which was Cory's favorite band.  I wasn't very familiar with this music, but listening to him and Elka singing along together was so sweet.  "Lost in love and I don't know much cause I figured it out, fell out of touch and I'm-"  "BACK ON MY FEET!"  He would sing that part every time it came on.  He was so enthusiastic, I decided to have a little conversation with him.  "So Pug, what are you interested in?"  I asked him, not sure of how he would respond.  "Well, I love Netflix.  I watch it with Elka a lot.  We like to watch Paw Patrol and Grease.  Elka knows all the words to the girl songs and I know all the boy songs."  Alright, this was adorable.  "Elka is my best friend, and if I were you I would be her best friend too because she's really pretty and nice.  She sometimes makes me forget I'm forever sick."  Forever sick.  This made me tear up a little bit.  Elka noticed as well, but she wasn't tearing up.  "Pug, can you sing something for Emery?"  I turned off the radio to listen to him.  He cleared his throat and began.  He sang the sweetest little version of 'Grease Lightning' getting several words wrong, but that's okay.  He was so happy when he was singing.  It was probably the cutest thing I had ever seen.  I took my hands off the wheel for one second to clap.  "Bravo, that was amazing!"  Elka high-fived him.  It wasn't long after we arrived at the zoo.
Today was going to be a great day.

NEW UPDATE OMIGAWASH!!
It's been so long and I'm so sorry.  For those of you who don't understand by this point, everything from the car ride to McDonalds to Elka going home to her mother was all another dream... Like the car crash.  ;-; 
Do you guys think Elka is okay?  What do you think is wrong with her and how the counselor will help her?  Tell me in the comments what you think, and don't forget to vote!!
I la you all<3