Chapter 3.

The night fell, and Ricky and Tam had already left. It was around 9:30 pm, and Emery and I were still at Liam's.
By this time, we were all sitting watching a movie. I was sitting by myself on a love seat, sprawled out, taking the whole thing up, and Liam and Brooke were sitting together on the couch, and Emery on the floor.
I was just starting to doze off when my phone started buzzing. I looked down and saw I had a text from my mom.
Mom: Honey come home.
Me: 😒
Even though I didn't want to leave, considering I had to walk home in the dark, alone, I had to.
"Well guys, it's been fun, but I have to go. See you guys soon." I got up and hugged Brooke, "See you later Elka, and remember my offer," she smirked at me, "NYC, ball dropping, heart stopping," she coughed, "Emery." I sighed, "You didn't do a very good job covering up his name you know." She rolled her eyes and gave me a hug. "Bye Brooke." Liam walked up to me and hugged me as well. "Bye Elka, see you tomorrow, probably." I laughed, "Bye now." I didn't bother saying bye to Emery, to be honesty I felt a little uncomfortable about everything, so I just left.
I walked outside into the dark summer night. I don't know why my mother would let me walk home so late, but I didn't mind. I started on my way when I heard the door slam. I turned around and saw Emery walking towards me. Oh, grand.
"Hey." He said awkwardly. "Hi." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Are you really gonna walk home alone, because, if you want I can give you a ride." He seemed a bit nervous talking to me, I thought for a minute. "Yeah, I'd like that." We both got in the car and he drove me home.
While we were on our way, he started a conversation, which I was hoping he wouldn't do.
"Elk, I uh, well today at Liam's-" "EMERY!" I screamed as a car drove right through a red light, into us, pushing the car over, flipping and crashing. Then everything went black...